Refugees from another Society

SJR

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

There really aren’t. Most benefit recipients are receiving in work benefits due to low pay or benefits to supplement too low pensions.

Ive some knowledge and insight as I’ve just retired after I completed 22 years as a SSAT chairman. The last 10 as senior chair.

Absolute bollocks and at next years awards at the Villa Marina you will get your prize..And if your punctuation is any guide you are absolutely fucking clueless fella.The Island is awash with scroungers and at least ten a week are done in the paper.And pay back a tenner a week..Liberals like yourself that cannot see the bigger picture and do not get out are killing this Island..

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

The APS has stopped running now so you can stop bring a pedant. I was in such an enthusiastic drive to get down my thoughts I made some grammatical errors...buiid a bridge and get over it.

In that much of a rush to spit your vitriolic comments then... by the way, the word is build.

1 hour ago, SJR said:

Absolute bollocks and at next years awards at the Villa Marina you will get your prize..And if your punctuation is any guide you are absolutely fucking clueless fella.The Island is awash with scroungers and at least ten a week are done in the paper.And pay back a tenner a week..Liberals like yourself that cannot see the bigger picture and do not get out are killing this Island..

Let me think for a while who I believe, JW who has the required experience or SJR a known troll...

On 12/2/2019 at 12:53 PM, Donald Trumps said:

To act as some form of opposition to the 'single party government by patronage' that dominates the House of Keys almost in it's entirety

The present system is politically corrupt

Do you honestly think they are opposition? Except perhaps in a play acting kind of way. Yes it's  corrupted by those groups as it is similarly elsewhere.

On 12/2/2019 at 10:40 PM, yootalkin2me said:

Don't let any of them in unless they've been severely vetted to ensyre they are not violent criminals, paedophioes, suspects in organised crime or wanted for any serious crimes committed elsewhere, have an education and are able to work other than as cheap menial general labour....however, when all the Eastern Europeans have left to go back to their now progressive countries who else are we going to get to make the coffees and clean the offices....one answer is to completely review the benefits system and get the workshy miscreants off their lazy arses to do it.

This one was under a U.N. resettlement scheme -- https://www.chesterstandard.co.uk/news/15965468.syrian-refugee-jailed-for-ferocious-blacon-knife-attack/

29 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

Here you go, another feckless, workshy scrounge getting fined and then paying it bsck at a tenner a week at the taxpayer's expense:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=52437&headline=Man had his neighbour's 'eyesore' van towed away&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2019&cat=Crime

Can I ask how you can deduce, and differentiate,  from that link, “work shy, feckless and scrounge” (sic) as opposed to/ from “60 year old with mental health issues”?

If he is 60, and has mental health issues, he's not going to get a job? Is he? Be honest.

So, as a compassionate society, he’s provided with a very small sum to live on.

That sum is reduced further by the fine being deducted at source. So it directly affects his pocket. The state doesn’t normally deduct fines, from income, at source. 

Thats not really the state “paying his fine”, is it? 

Is the deduction from benefits discriminatory because of age, mental health, social class, employment status, the fact he lives in social housing, when compared to you or me, if we got fined. Or is it just the state ensuring there isn’t a default and prison term served. That’s a saving by the state.

On 12/2/2019 at 10:40 PM, yootalkin2me said:

Don't let any of them in unless they've been severely vetted to ensyre they are not violent criminals, paedophioes, suspects in organised crime or wanted for any serious crimes committed elsewhere, have an education and are able to work other than as cheap menial general labour...

You’d better hope that no-one ever decides to vet the Nationals with your criteria. A large percentage of them would get shipped off. 

4 hours ago, Lagman said:

Do you honestly think they are opposition? Except perhaps in a play acting kind of way. Yes it's  corrupted by those groups as it is similarly elsewhere.

No I don't think they are an opposition but LegCo is the only thing we've got, faced with single party government by patronage

Government members of the Keys should be limited to eleven at max, with the remainder electing a Leader of the Opposition

Banning low-skilled migrants from bringing their children to Jersey would 'not breach their human rights', says Chief Minister

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2019/12/04/banning-low-skilled-migrants-from-bringing-their-children-to-jersey-would-not-breach-their-human-rights-says-chief-minister/

Does the Isle of Man have similar powers? It would seem a sensible precaution against the likely effect of Speedy Thomas and Happy Howard's calls to massively grow the Islands working population. 

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Can I ask how you can deduce, and differentiate,  from that link, “work shy, feckless and scrounge” (sic) as opposed to/ from “60 year old with mental health issues”?

If he is 60, and has mental health issues, he's not going to get a job? Is he? Be honest.

So, as a compassionate society, he’s provided with a very small sum to live on.

That sum is reduced further by the fine being deducted at source. So it directly affects his pocket. The state doesn’t normally deduct fines, from income, at source. 

Thats not really the state “paying his fine”, is it? 

Is the deduction from benefits discriminatory because of age, mental health, social class, employment status, the fact he lives in social housing, when compared to you or me, if we got fined. Or is it just the state ensuring there isn’t a default and prison term served. That’s a saving by the state.

A few things:

The report stated previous convictions I would imagine he's been of no great benefit to society for quite some time, if at all.

He chose to break the law by getting someone else's property removed and accepting money for it

He is on benefits and any fine received would not be paid by him, yes, he's down a tenner a week, but it's the taxpayer footing the bill

So what if he's got mental.illness, that's no excuse for anything, it doesn't state what mental illness, and if he is mentally ill and it's been diagnosed then he would be prescribed medication, if he's taking the medication then all should be well

Its bleeding heart liberals like you who would justify even the worst behaviour. Tell you what, I wonder how you'd feel if he lived next door to you and decided to get rid of your car if he decided he didn't like it parked outside?

I don't have a lot of time for lawyers, advocates (whatever you want to call yourselves), you have your own language, charge extortionate fees and when defending a client will do all you can to get them the minimum sentence possible or avoid jail and that goes for the worst crimes a human could possibly commit.

16 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

A few things:

The report stated previous convictions I would imagine he's been of no great benefit to society for quite some time, if at all.

He chose to break the law by getting someone else's property removed and accepting money for it

He is on benefits and any fine received would not be paid by him, yes, he's down a tenner a week, but it's the taxpayer footing the bill

So what if he's got mental.illness, that's no excuse for anything, it doesn't state what mental illness, and if he is mentally ill and it's been diagnosed then he would be prescribed medication, if he's taking the medication then all should be well

Its bleeding heart liberals like you who would justify even the worst behaviour. Tell you what, I wonder how you'd feel if he lived next door to you and decided to get rid of your car if he decided he didn't like it parked outside?

I don't have a lot of time for lawyers, advocates (whatever you want to call yourselves), you have your own language, charge extortionate fees and when defending a client will do all you can to get them the minimum sentence possible or avoid jail and that goes for the worst crimes a human could possibly commit.

It's how he earns his living...

1 hour ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Banning low-skilled migrants from bringing their children to Jersey would 'not breach their human rights', says Chief Minister

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2019/12/04/banning-low-skilled-migrants-from-bringing-their-children-to-jersey-would-not-breach-their-human-rights-says-chief-minister/

Does the Isle of Man have similar powers? It would seem a sensible precaution against the likely effect of Speedy Thomas and Happy Howard's calls to massively grow the Islands working population. 

They may be calling for it but it looks like it's not increasing very much at the moment. Plenty of people heading the other way too..

3 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

Here you go, another feckless, workshy scrounge getting fined and then paying it bsck at a tenner a week at the taxpayer's expense:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=52437&headline=Man had his neighbour's 'eyesore' van towed away&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2019&cat=Crime

So was the eyesore van actually scrapped or was it just towed away? It's hard to tell from the story. 

Archived