Liverpool FC..Has any team been so lucky ever.

SJR

49 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Oh look, a Man Utd fan who can't handle the actual football resorts to tired old stereotypes. Probably reads the sun

Don't read that rag at all.

Liverpool are playing good football at the moment, and yes that pains me, and I still hope the wheels fall off and Leicester win the league (that would be a sweet moment!).  If Liverpool win the league then they have done so because they consistently got the results required.  So you are far from the truth when you suggest that I can't handle the football (whatever that means). 

Liverpool might be the darling of British football once again but you better develop thick skin because should they start to dominate you will the club becoming a target for "haters".  

5 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Don't read that rag at all.

Liverpool are playing good football at the moment, and yes that pains me, and I still hope the wheels fall off and Leicester win the league (that would be a sweet moment!).  If Liverpool win the league then they have done so because they consistently got the results required.  So you are far from the truth when you suggest that I can't handle the football (whatever that means). 

Liverpool might be the darling of British football once again but you better develop thick skin because should they start to dominate you will the club becoming a target for "haters".  

Only from the Scumited fans...

5 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

If Liverpool win the league then they have done so because they consistently got the results required.

Well I never! You learn something new every day, eh? 

Edited by quilp
Captain Obvious...
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Still really lucky then...

Saltzburg are probably the best team we've played so far this season. Apart from City of course. The only problem is they tried to beat us at our own game (high energy, press, plenty of attacking options), but we've got more options.

I think people think we're lucky, because in a lot of games the opponents kind of live with us for much of the match, then we get two quick goals. 

Napoli were the beat team we've played this season, by a long way. The first leg, a Liverpool loss, was a tactical masterclass from Ancelotti, who has now lost his job. They played a high risk 4 striker attack, with very deep centre mids, a plan which could have gone drastically wrong, but didn't. Brave and bold. The second leg they sat back and defended, probably better than anyone else has at Anfield this season.

Salzburg meanwhile were fun. Everyone knew they were going to attack, and attack they did. The fitness, experience and general ability told in the end, Liverpool shut them down in the 2nd half.

Watford next...