Liverpool FC..Has any team been so lucky ever.

SJR

Chelsea must be a bit worried. Six points ahead of Spurs, United and Wolves. But Chelsea still have to play Liverpool while the others don't. 

Rather liking this stat from the BBC ...

"Liverpool have amassed 67 points from a possible 69 this season - five more than any side in English top-flight history have after 23 games."

So that's five points better, at this stage in the season, than every other team ever. 

Edited by Declan

5 hours ago, Declan said:

Chelsea must be a bit worried. Six points ahead of Spurs, United and Wolves. But Chelsea still have to play Liverpool while the others don't. 

Rather liking this stat from the BBC ...

"Liverpool have amassed 67 points from a possible 69 this season - five more than any side in English top-flight history have after 23 games."

So that's five points better, at this stage in the season, than every other team ever. 

Lowest they can possibly finish now is 11th, according to that website you pointed me to the other week (which I quite like :)), and that's with losing all their remaining games and a specific set of other results also happening. 

I'm starting to think it could be Liverpool's year.

Personally I'd make Lovren, Matip, Fabinho and Origi play. The first three clearly need match practice, and I've no idea what Origi was up to but he should put it right. Other than that though I'm fine with it. I think Klopp has been a bit hasty with his 'we won't be there' comments, but I totally get his point.

4 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

What are the Liverpool fan's view on the decision to play the "kids" in the replay of the Shrewsbury game? 

They should be encouraged and supported. They are part of the set up for the future

1 minute ago, rodders said:

How many do you honestly think will be playing for Liverpool in, say, 5 years. I reckon 2 at most. 

Could be correct but unless they play in competitive games then they can’t be judged

9 hours ago, rodders said:

How many do you honestly think will be playing for Liverpool in, say, 5 years. I reckon 2 at most. 

Elliott, Jones, Williams for a start, but, if we get the development right the others will have good careers elsewhere and we'll pick up a bit of transfer money when they leave. 

14 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

What are the Liverpool fan's view on the decision to play the "kids" in the replay of the Shrewsbury game? 

My gut reaction is if you are lost a league game in a year,  have become European and World Champions 16 points clear in league during that time, and are 16 points clear in the League, I'm not seeing much evidence for fatigue impacting performance. And if they wanted a holiday they should have made sure they beat Shrewsbury. 

But from a man management point of view it would be a bizarre time for Klopp to lay down the law and punish the first teamers by cutting short their holiday. 

@Declan I remember when United dropped out of the FA Cup entirely due to the participation in the World Club Cup and, as a United fan, I was not happy.  I understood the reasoning but felt that the club should have attempted to defend the trophy they had won the previous year. 

As a Liverpool fan do you feel that they are giving up on the domestic cups in order to focus solely on the league and European Cup?  It appears to me that the club is putting an unbeaten league season ahead of the chance to win trophies.  Personally, given the league position and the lead Liverpool have I would be okay with them possibly losing a league game by playing a rotated team in order to try for a treble.

Totally wrong decision, and i'd like the fa to fine them and through them out next year if the don't field a fairly strong team. What gives Liverpool the right to play the kid's in the worlds most famous national cup !! The F A Cup is already loosing replay's and being played mid week to give their little over-paid darlings a couple of weeks rest !!!!

In a few years, Liverpool will be crap again, and the FA Cup might be there only way into Europe

@manxman1980 I don't know. They really weren't left with much choice over League Cup.

The team they fielded should have beaten Shrewsbury - there were Champions League Winners and Finalists, World Cup Finalist - in that team. 

World, European and English champions, retaining the Champions League, unbeaten in the League, record points tally. 

VS

World, European and English champions, retaining the Champions League, and FA cup winners. 

Look similarly impressive. 

But 

World and record breaking English Champions and FA Cup winners

Seems less so. 

I think it's retaining the Champions League that Klopp has his eye on now. 

(I would say that Klopps lack of respect for the English cups in previous seasons is probably the only thing I would criticise him for.)

Edited by Declan