IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

46 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

A plague is a bacterial infection, Covid is a virus. Do keep up.

THE Plague aka the Black Death was bacterial. 

On the other hand A plague can be the result of a virus or a bacteria or even insects and more. The Plage of Locusts etc. as inflicted on Egypt and recorded in Exodus being one example of the use of the word.

Don't leave school just yet.

• Haha 2

I was using the medical term as this is a medical emergency. 

And by the way, a plage of locusts is an infestation of a French beach.

I’m confident that my time at school delivered more benefits than did yours. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

I was using the medical term as this is a medical emergency. 

And by the way, a plage of locusts is an infestation of a French beach.

I’m confident that my time at school delivered more benefits than did yours. 

Then you still have it wrong. There can be plagues of (for example)  Jock-itch because of contaminated water supply,   so if you did mean the Black death then you should have capitalised the "p" in plague this making it clear you were intending it to be a Proper Noun, but you did not.

Don't sweat it, no doubt there's quite a lot of people with a level of education that falls into the category of being appropriate for the ESN who have never even heard of Proper Nouns much less how and where they should be used.  How did you do at "Sums"?

Just now, Rog said:

Then you still have it wrong. There can be plagues of (for example)  Jock-itch because of contaminated water supply,   so if you did mean the Black death then you should have capitalised the "p" in plague this making it clear you were intending it to be a Proper Noun, but you did not.

Don't sweat it, no doubt there's quite a lot of people with a level of education that falls into the category of being appropriate for the ESN who have never even heard of Proper Nouns much less how and where they should be used.  How did you do at "Sums"?

Your initial reference to ‘The Chinese Plague’, drawn of course from your racist playbook, was self-evidently a reference to Coronavirus/Covid-19, so my correction that this is a virus, not a plague of any kind, remains undimmed. 

Now run along and rejoin the other six year olds while the grown-ups use the forum. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Your initial reference to ‘The Chinese Plague’, drawn of course from your racist playbook, was self-evidently a reference to Coronavirus/Covid-19, so my correction that this is a virus, not a plague of any kind, remains undimmed. 

Now run along and rejoin the other six year olds while the grown-ups use the forum. 

It first emerged in China. It was subsequently given a code to register the virus as one of the coronavirus types. There's nothing racist involved. 

1 minute ago, Rog said:

It first emerged in China. It was subsequently given a code to register the virus as one of the coronavirus types. There's nothing racist involved. 

Viruses, nor plagues for that matter, do not have nationalities. There is no Chinese Plague. Just as there wasn’t a Spanish ‘Flu.

Do you know, there was I, complacently thinking how the forums, (should that be a capital F?), were becoming a fairly nice place to have discussion with most of the participants behaving?

Then, the usual miscreants wreck it just so that they can show off or create an argument. Ah well, twas thus and ever will be.

• Like 6

On 4/22/2020 at 3:51 PM, Neil Down said:

wish somebody would isolate you... permanently

You got one 'thanks' for that post, I would imagine you could multiply that by many, many more had I posted about you, now just put me on ignore and be on your way you halfwit.