IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 hours ago, bloodycomeover said:

What's the motivation?

(The conspiracy theory usually falls apart at this point)

I have read in other places that it’s a giant ruse to reset the economies. But I’m not smart enough to know what that means or what benefits it would bring. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gettafa said:

The thread is more a Mr Newbie (banned) type thread. Lost Login - a long time forum member who made generally decent contributions - was in the same camp but banned himself by writing his password on a piece of paper and eating it.

As I may have alluded to, we live on an Island. Indeed a community no less. Many of us have (genuine) friends and relations here, and in that, we care about more than just ourselves.

Filippo's post up there ^^ is a good 'un and gives an insight into the mind of a person looking after number one, and number one only although that might possibly extend to their immediate family.

So basically you're saying that Sweden's dealing with Covid-19 was "look after yourself and fuck everyone else"? That's a riduculous notion and is inconceivable, how could a nation even propose this let alone enact it? Also, how long do you think this lockdown should go on for then?

• Like 1

You are basically, basically conflating and twisting things to try and shove words into my mouth

But aye, I would say that certain people have the attitude of, to use your words:  "look after yourself and fuck everyone else". 

You?

But well done, you are quite right, that is a ridiculous notion and inconceivable, and not one that a nation could enact.

48 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

So basically you're saying that Sweden's dealing with Covid-19 was "look after yourself and fuck everyone else"? That's a riduculous notion and is inconceivable, how could a nation even propose this let alone enact it? Also, how long do you think this lockdown should go on for then?

that's what the government does here.with the non jobs for mates and brothers.

1 hour ago, Freggyragh said:

The worst thing about lockdown is not being able to inform the like of Filippo that there is a passenger vessel departing on the morrow. 

But there is, daily. There’s no restriction on checking out. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Will that be for international arrivals rather than CTA?

Telegraph today...

Passengers arriving at British airports and ports will be placed in quarantine for up to a fortnight, under plans for the "second phase" of the Government's response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Officials are drawing up a scheme that mirrors the 14-day "stay home" notices currently issued to Singaporean citizens returning to their country from abroad. It could be rolled out as early as next month, and include large fines for those who fail to remain at the address given to authorities as their place of isolation.

The radical plan, being overseen by Priti Patel, the Home Secretary, and Grant Shapps, the Transport Secretary, is intended to stop the transmission of Covid-19 from abroad, when the Government launches its "track and trace" strategy to identify and isolate cases of the virus in the UK. It would apply to both British citizens and those from abroad.