Teacher’s pay dispute

Banker

20 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Legalising and taxing cannabis wouldn't raise much revenue because people won't want to pay twice the price and will still use dealers because it will be cheaper.

The only way you could ever make that work is to make the penalties for dealing cannabis so severe it stopped it happening.  Quite how you would enforce that and term someone as having "non personal use" levels of cannabis is another story.

Nonsense

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

It isn't really.  You legalise it and tax it then the sale will be controlled and the prices will go up hugely.

Your average cannabis pothead won't pay 20 quid when they can pay 10.

How much does pot cost? Are you a 'cannabis pothead'? Do you know what you are talking about? How big is the market here in duty free cigarettes? Do 90%+ of tobacco sales occur in shops?

6 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Legalising and taxing cannabis wouldn't raise much revenue because people won't want to pay twice the price and will still use dealers because it will be cheaper.

The only way you could ever make that work is to make the penalties for dealing cannabis so severe it stopped it happening.  Quite how you would enforce that and term someone as having "non personal use" levels of cannabis is another story.

Ah!  That'll be why we all get our booze from secret breweries and illegal distilleries rather than the supermarket or the pub.

2 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Teachers are now being silly, 9% as well as the annual increase that they get across and another Union formed, how many is that five at the last count.....unbeli:stupid:evable 

Give them fuck all. Ask them how much they helped the poor kids who could not go to school. Then pay them  accordingly. As I said, give them fuck all.

35 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Give them fuck all. Ask them how much they helped the poor kids who could not go to school. Then pay them  accordingly. As I said, give them fuck all.

All of the teachers I know spent many long hours putting their syllabuses online and setting up systems such as Google Classroom to facilitate learning from home.

22 minutes ago, HeliX said:

All of the teachers I know spent many long hours putting their syllabuses online and setting up systems such as Google Classroom to facilitate learning from home.

Mine were catching rays and kayaking.

45 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Well, that's what they told you anyway...

I would be very happy for teachers to be paid an hourly rate.....

Archived