General Thread for the election (old Electioneering starting early thread from Local News)

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Han-FX

Kieran Hannifin

Fcuk knows what he does for a living? He’s 31 years old, the cynicism in me says lots of years to sit as an MHK then MLC. Only time will tell and especially interested to hear his policies. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Kieran Hannifin

Fcuk knows what he does for a living? He’s 31 years old, the cynicism in me says lots of years to sit as an MHK then MLC. Only time will tell and especially interested to hear his policies. 

I doubt he'll get in. Especially standing in middle. He'd be better off in one of the Douglas seats. I've no idea what he does for a living either, and last I was aware of he was trying to live 'off grid'. I know him to say hello to, he'd certainly push on the weed laws and am sure he'd be pretty honest if he did get in.

• Like 1

Waste of time electing MHKs. It would make more sense to elect MHKs to keep everyone happy but then elect the CEOs of each department. Don't the USA do something like that with civil service heads?

For example, DOI - who had in their manifesto hundreds of mini buses?

Buses taking on the taxi trade?

No mhk stood on that platform but we got it.

Vote for the likes of Black and we would have a say.

The prospective heads of departments would be paid similar if not more than now but to keep out the type that stand as MHKs they would have to have qualifications to suit the position.

Edited by Boris Johnson

Sort off especially in law enforcement , eg the Sheriff and the State Prosecutor ( can’t recall the official title ) and such like. May be others . Not sure it’s a great idea , bit pitchfork I think. Just imagine if we elected our chief constable. Might be interesting though.

3 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Waste of time electing MHKs. It would make more sense to elect MHKs to keep everyone happy but then elect the CEOs of each department. Don't the USA do something like that with civil service heads?

For example, DOI - who had in their manifesto hundreds of mini buses?

Buses taking on the taxi trade?

No mhk stood on that platform but we got it.

Vote for the likes of Black and we would have a say.

You say buses taking on the taxi  trade ? 
Is it not better for the taxpayer to have a minibus pickup 8 people for the airport than pay for 8 taxis ?. I know the answer.

Just now, dilligaf said:

You say buses taking on the taxi  trade ? 
Is it not better for the taxpayer to have a minibus pickup 8 people for the airport than pay for 8 taxis ?. I know the answer.

Not if you are a taxi business. Its not fair competition. It has made it just about impossible to get a taxi in the North from my albeit limited experience.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Not if you are a taxi business. Its not fair competition. It has made it just about impossible to get a taxi in the North from my albeit limited experience.

A poster recently said his ( or her) mum did not drive. So from Port Erin to Nobles for her jab, would cost £70 in a taxi, round trip. That is what I call a rip off. Imagine just 10 people doing the same. That is some easy money.

Poor taxi owners my arse.