TT 2022 ??

Barlow

4 minutes ago, Trigger said:

I have also sourced two images here in which you are advocating the potential for death to occur.

ob.png

Well done you have figured out how to use the search function, you'll go far in life. 

What's Covid got to do with the TT? 

The border checks were completely irrelevant and didn't stop anyone importing covid. 

Thanks for playing and better luck next time. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Trigger said:

Do you want the TT stopped?

If so, WHY?

It's a sporting event with inherent risks soulbound within it's very nature, racing on roads surrounded by brick walls, concrete curbs and hedges. 

People compete as it is the ultimate test of endurance and dexterity, the same with many extreme sports within various fraternities. 

Motorsport is dangerous, motorcycling is dangerous, there is no getting away from that, however people compete because it is their CHOICE. Having a CHOICE is quite scarce these days.

You can make the argument that it's blood money for our government and people are dying just so they can 'Sell burgers'. However, more people have died on commercial flights than the TT and the Airlines are selling tickets, therefore that is also blood money. With an inherent risk of death on an airplane, should they stop selling tickets/just stop flights altogether?

If you feel so strongly, please approach Manx media outlets and publicise a vocal campaign outside Tynwald to prompt our politicians to talk about the potential of the cancellation of the TT as you so crave. 

I think you are missing the point a bit. Many sports events have the potential to end in death. The difference is that in most sports its rare for a death to occur in an event. For TT its pretty much certain.

Can you not understand the difference? Perhaps a course in Risk Assessment might be good for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I think you are missing the point a bit. Many sports events have the potential to end in death. The difference is that in most sports its rare for a death to occur in an event. For TT its pretty much certain.

Can you not understand the difference? Perhaps a course in Risk Assessment might be good for you.

No I do completely understand that. 

However there is not really many ways you can mitigate that risk any futher, therefore it must either be canned, or tHE sh0W mu5t g0 0n!!1!!1!

And I for one do not want it canned. 

1 minute ago, Trigger said:

No I do completely understand that. 

However there is not really many ways you can mitigate that risk any futher, therefore it must either be canned, or tHE sh0W mu5t g0 0n!!1!!1!

And I for one do not want it canned. 

I don't want it to be canned. But I think those who organise it should be made to understand, and given a clear objective, that the death rate is not acceptable and changes must to be made to improve it.

If they can't improve it, it should be canned.

There is a lot of bullshit spoken on here about how its  road race and cannot be made safer. There are many road races across the world and nothing even comes close to our hall of shame.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Trigger said:

Do you want the TT stopped?

If so, WHY?

It's a sporting event with inherent risks soulbound within it's very nature, racing on roads surrounded by brick walls, concrete curbs and hedges. 

People compete as it is the ultimate test of endurance and dexterity, the same with many extreme sports within various fraternities. 

Motorsport is dangerous, motorcycling is dangerous, there is no getting away from that, however people compete because it is their CHOICE. Having a CHOICE is quite scarce these days.

You can make the argument that it's blood money for our government and people are dying just so they can 'Sell burgers'. However, more people have died on commercial flights than the TT and the Airlines are selling tickets, therefore that is also blood money. With an inherent risk of death on an airplane, should they stop selling tickets/just stop flights altogether?

If you feel so strongly, please approach Manx media outlets and publicise a vocal campaign outside Tynwald to prompt our politicians to talk about the potential of the cancellation of the TT as you so crave. 

I'm afraid I liken it to a game of chicken. The majority will survive, some won't.

And for the record I'm neither for nor against the TT.  

7 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

There is a lot of bullshit spoken on here about how its  road race and cannot be made safer. There are many road races across the world and nothing even comes close to our hall of shame.

Probably got something to do with the length of a lap being 37.73 miles, and the boys have to get it all perfect pretty much with no mistakes.

It's a lot of road to remember and even the most experienced riders can make the vital mistake. 

I am still not sure what more can be done to make it safer.

If we started getting 10+ deaths per year then it would be cause for concern for all, but unfortunately at the moment as sad as it is the mean of 5 deaths is par for the course. 

Think Sidecars have to go, they aren't suitable for racing on the mountain course if we look at it from a physics point of view.

Edited by Trigger
Spelling edit and minor amendment.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I don't want it to be canned. But I think those who organise it should be made to understand, and given a clear objective, that the death rate is not acceptable and changes must to be made to improve it.

If they can't improve it, it should be canned.

They just did a full safety review, implemented a number of new procedures and rolled out for the first time a safety driven approach to the event.

But the reality is some years are good and some years are bad, some years there are no racing fatalites but there are multiple road fatalies.  

Perhaps speed reduction does need to be looked at but regardless the course cannot be made meaningfully safer unlike the northwest 200 which is a far smaller and much simpler course. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trigger said:

Probably got something to do with the length of a lap being 37.73 miles, and the boys have to get it all perfect pretty much with no mistakes.

It's a lot of road to remember and even the most experienced riders can make the vital mistake. 

I am still not sure what more can be done to make it safer.

If we started getting 10+ deaths per year then it would be cause for concern for all, but unfortunately at the moment as sad as it is the mean of 5 deaths is par for the course. 

Think Sidecars have to go, they aren't suitable for racing on the mountain course. 

The size of the lap is irrelevant. It the length of the race that matter. Most road races are around 50- to 100 miles. Think North West 200 (yes 54 miles I know). Southern 100.

Only the Senior is over 200miles. Most are 111 miles. This year many were only 74miles (including both tragic Sidecar races). 

Don't fall into the Bullshit group. Lets stick with facts. Its statistically (mile for mile) the most dangerous by a significant margin.

5 minutes ago, TomTucker said:

They just did a full safety review, implemented a number of new procedures and rolled out for the first time a safety driven approach to the event.

But the reality is very few years are good and pretty much all years are bad, some years there are no racing fatalites but there are multiple road fatalies.  

Perhaps speed reduction does need to be looked at but regardless the course cannot be made meaningfully safer unlike the northwest 200 which is a far smaller and much simpler course. 

Correction. 

Yes it needs to be slowed down. The NW has a lap record of 124mph and the death rate is massively lower

2 hours ago, 0bserver said:

It's awful and classless to see a persons name being used for petty point scoring by TT apologists. 

The whataboutery is non-stop with TT apologists. 

The issue at hand is the TT and what we here on the Isle of Man do. Not what others elsewhere in the world choose to do. 

The whataboutery and point scoring on this whole discussion is non stop.

You have done it yourself several times.

1 minute ago, 0bserver said:

There's still a serious debate needed. 

The death rate isn't acceptable. 

After 362 pages it should be clear that this is not the forum for that debate.

Nothing said on here is going to change the death rate and all we have are circuitous arguments.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, TomTucker said:

Perhaps speed reduction does need to be looked at

Speed Reduction does NOT need to be looked at. 

Encourage riding smaller bikes and carrying corner speed becomes imperative, therefore people pushing 110% in the corners.

Most deaths this year came from 600cc's, including the sidecars.

Nothing wrong with the superbikes/stockers being as fast as they are as most riders are easier in the corners and make the time up with the pure acceleration out of the corners. 

Plenty of people killed on 250's up to 700cc's through the years. 

Yes I know a lot of the top, top riders push 110% in the corners anyway however they tend to have the technical ability to be comfortable doing so. 

• Like 1