TT 2022 ??

Barlow

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

The reason behind two crashes at the same point of the course is what a lot are interested in and there may be a great deal to see there.  

...but Gladys, in the overall argument of is the whole of the racing safe,?  the fact that this was two sidecars will be used to get rid of the sidecars and to ignore the other misery that happens every year.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

My view is that there has to be an open debate about sidecars competing.  They are not road vehicles, is it now time to say they are no longer part of the TT?

....and if the death and misery continues without the Sidecars taking part, what then? Stop all racing on here? Would seem to be the logical conclusion?

• Confused 1

Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

Reasons. We need to wait for the inquests before jumping to any rash conclusions.

Not sure the inquests will give the reason(s) in the detail required to establish if there is an issue with the course there, or if it was just bad, tragic  luck. 

Just now, Gladys said:

Not sure the inquests will give the reason(s) in the detail required to establish if there is an issue with the course there, or if it was just bad, tragic  luck. 

Having attended - these inquests are very thorough and will identify that information if it exists - other than apportioning blame on specific individuals or departments (which would be the subject of additional actions or courts if required).

Inquests can often also result in recommendations (sometimes highly specific and technical) to minimise the chances of the same set of circumstances arising again.

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

Or maybe machine failure?  Those monocoque chassis’s take a hell of a beating through the bottom of Bray Hill

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cambon said:

Kell's Road Racing this weekend. Sad to hear that up and coming racer Jack Oliver died this afternoon in an incident. He was 22. MGP and TT were probably his dream. RIP Jack. God speed! 

RIP JACK ❤️ Died doing what he loved end of.

Don't see the usual suspects up in arms about the Kell's Road Races? Thought you bunch of fucking non-monetary philanthropists really cared about human lives that are dying whilst racing? Oh no it's just another easy avenue for you miserable pricks to have a shot at the IOMG isn't it?

Tossers.

I despise the Government myself but long live the Isle of Man TT, the ultimate dream for a lot of these lads and lasses just like Jack, unfortunately some never make it. RIP once again. ❤️ 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Trigger said:

RIP JACK ❤️ Died doing what he loved end of.

Don't see the usual suspects up in arms about the Kell's Road Races? Thought you bunch of fucking non-monetary philanthropists really cared about human lives that are dying whilst racing? Oh no it's just another easy avenue for you miserable pricks to have a shot at the IOMG isn't it?

Tossers.

I despise the Government myself but long live the Isle of Man TT, the ultimate dream for a lot of these lads and lasses just like Jack, unfortunately some never make it. RIP once again. ❤️ 

Did he die at the TT?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Did he die at the TT?

No, but that was rather the point that was being made.

Road Racing itself is inherently more dangerous than racing on a custom made circuit.  The TT is the pinnacle of road racing for those who choose to compete.

I don’t agree with this lads name being thrown into this debate but I also find your lack of compassion for him just as disappointing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

No, but that was rather the point that was being made.

Road Racing itself is inherently more dangerous than racing on a custom made circuit.  The TT is the pinnacle of road racing for those who choose to compete.

I don’t agree with this lads name being thrown into this debate but I also find your lack of compassion for him just as disappointing.

It's awful and classless to see a persons name being used for petty point scoring by TT apologists. 

The whataboutery is non-stop with TT apologists. 

The issue at hand is the TT and what we here on the Isle of Man do. Not what others elsewhere in the world choose to do. 

Edited by 0bserver
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

It's awful and classless to see a persons name being used for petty point scoring by TT apologists. 

The whataboutery is non-stop with TT apologists. 

The issue at hand is the TT and what we here on the Isle of Man do. Not what others elsewhere in the world choose to do. 

Do you want the TT stopped?

If so, WHY?

It's a sporting event with inherent risks soulbound within it's very nature, racing on roads surrounded by brick walls, concrete curbs and hedges. 

People compete as it is the ultimate test of endurance and dexterity, the same with many extreme sports within various fraternities. 

Motorsport is dangerous, motorcycling is dangerous, there is no getting away from that, however people compete because it is their CHOICE. Having a CHOICE is quite scarce these days.

You can make the argument that it's blood money for our government and people are dying just so they can 'Sell burgers'. However, more people have died on commercial flights than the TT and the Airlines are selling tickets, therefore that is also blood money. With an inherent risk of death on an airplane, should they stop selling tickets/just stop flights altogether?

If you feel so strongly, please approach Manx media outlets and publicise a vocal campaign outside Tynwald to prompt our politicians to talk about the potential of the cancellation of the TT as you so crave. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Trigger said:

Do you want the TT stopped?

If so, WHY?

It's a sporting event with inherent risks soulbound within it's very nature, racing on roads surrounded by brick walls, concrete curbs and hedges. 

People compete as it is the ultimate test of endurance and dexterity, the same with many extreme sports within various fraternities. 

Motorsport is dangerous, motorcycling is dangerous, there is no getting away from that, however people compete because it is their CHOICE. Having a CHOICE is quite scarce these days.

You can make the argument that it's blood money for our government and people are dying just so they can 'Sell burgers'. However, more people have died on commercial flights than the TT and the Airlines are selling tickets, therefore that is also blood money. With an inherent risk of death on an airplane, should they stop selling tickets/just stop flights altogether?

If you feel so strongly, please approach Manx media outlets and publicise a vocal campaign outside Tynwald to prompt our politicians to talk about the potential of the cancellation of the TT as you so crave. 

I don't want the TT stopped. 

I want the deaths to end because it's a senseless waste of life that reflects badly on the island's image around the world. 

You're comparing commercial flights and the TT? Ok then. 

1 minute ago, 0bserver said:

I don't want the TT stopped. 

I want the deaths to end because it's a senseless waste of life that reflects badly on the island's image around the world. 

You're comparing commercial flights and the TT? Ok then. 

If you want deaths to stop then it must end. Such as with commercial aviation, and aviation for pleasure thinking of it. 

In fact, we must end human life as a whole existence if you want the deaths to end.