Reayrt Mie Ballasalla - Dandara

Uhtred

Cregeen loved a bypass, I reckon it was always naive to see it built by Dandara. Government have already compulsory purchased a cottage and demolished it and I understand land had to be purchased for the said bypass.

Many local tradespeople won't work for Dandara, much of the labour had to be brought from away.

I'm glad they are not having a good time imo they have become a toxic business for the island, maybe the election will disband Comindara too !!

I should add my friend owns a local merchants and it was commonly discussed there that the intended bypass would never be built !

Edited by asitis
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, asitis said:

They do, but they finish up here a guy just bought 5 ....

https://www.blackgracecowley.com/let-property/

I’m waiting for the screams, the gnashing of teeth, the wails and handwringing by our politicos and our idiotic political parties. In a way this rides coach and horses through the need of first time buyers and other types of buyers, or the need for affordable housing, which the politicos and the likes of MLP and others are forever whinging. It’s now down to our elected numpties at National and Parish Pump do do something if they are so bothered about housing - I get the impression they are only interested in the votes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That’s a lot of money to be paying out as rent. There should be a government run rent to buy scheme. A scheme like that would work for developers, government and the people. Rented accommodation people (sweeping statement alert) don’t tend their gardens or replace curtain hooks when they break, they bring down the tone of the neighbourhood, it’s not their fault, they just don’t know any better. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2bees said:

That’s a lot of money to be paying out as rent. There should be a government run rent to buy scheme. A scheme like that would work for developers, government and the people. Rented accommodation people (sweeping statement alert) don’t tend their gardens or replace curtain hooks when they break, they bring down the tone of the neighbourhood, it’s not their fault, they just don’t know any better. 

A bit confused to start with, then realised it was tongue in cheek. 

I see Dandara are advertising expensive apartments in Port Erin this week in the paper.

I wonder if the people given their money back on phase 2 were also given the right to have back the deal agreed if and when they proceed with phase 2? If they did then it's probably fair enough.  If they didn't, and Dandara are busy doing other builds, then it smells.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I see Dandara are advertising expensive apartments in Port Erin this week in the paper.

I wonder if the people given their money back on phase 2 were also given the right to have back the deal agreed if and when they proceed with phase 2? If they did then it's probably fair enough.  If they didn't, and Dandara are busy doing other builds, then it smells.

If Dandara are having to pay highly for materials, a lot more than they costed for because of shortages then that makes sense.

Expensive appts have bigger margins so will stand higher costs of materials. 

11 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

If Dandara are having to pay highly for materials, a lot more than they costed for because of shortages then that makes sense.

Expensive appts have bigger margins so will stand higher costs of materials. 

They didn't say it was due to costs. They said it was due to supply.  Of material and labour.

Some materials have gone up a bit.  Although they have substantial margin on the projects they do and some price increases would be factored in to the pricing already.