Airport.

Billy kettlefish

A couple of laps of honour before landing to make it extra exciting, and now while finally boarding the captain saying everyone should take their seat fast so they can get there before the airport closes. Seems the evening flight is the one for people who like a gamble? 

CEC925F9-E767-463A-A589-ABF70BAB9484.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

A couple of laps of honour before landing to make it extra exciting, and now while finally boarding the captain saying everyone should take their seat fast so they can get there before the airport closes. Seems the evening flight is the one for people who like a gamble? 

CEC925F9-E767-463A-A589-ABF70BAB9484.jpeg

Circling off the Island.. either they're on a break of the fog has come down 🫣

4 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Just saw that...starting lap 4...perfect end to a 12 hour wait in a UK airport 😒

...and no guarantee of landing yet.

Manchester flight did similar an hour or so ago before landing.

4 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Just saw that...starting lap 4...perfect end to a 12 hour wait in a UK airport 😒

...and no guarantee of landing yet.

Manchester flight did similar an hour or so ago before landing.

image.jpeg.864b9af3126824c0d3c387396ce8dd5d.jpeg

23 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Apparently another  break they weren’t told about before taking off, or at least that’s what it sounds like? Anyroads, by the grace of Manannan Mac Lir we landed at 2205. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Apparently another  break they weren’t told about before taking off, or at least that’s what it sounds like? Anyroads, by the grace of Manannan Mac Lir we landed at 2205. 

Glad you got back. This flight is a real lottery. I wonder if it is the least punctual on the whole easyJet network? It must be a serious contender.

On the plus side, the evening closures should end, after tomorrow.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Zarley said:

@madmanxpilot gets my vote!

I certainly hope so, my worry would be that he knows what he is talking about, and that is probably a risk in showing up our current management for their lack of aviation knowledge. I reckon they'll kick and scream to keep knowledgeable people away from the post ! " Can't have some who might see the flaws dear boy, it's just not CS"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Amadeus said:

You were lucky. We had guests who were returning to Gatwick and Manchester. One, a young woman didnt get into Gatwick until midnight and then had a £100 taxi ride at the other end.

9 hours ago, Zulu said:

image.jpeg.864b9af3126824c0d3c387396ce8dd5d.jpeg

If we stuck our windfarm there and got the planes to circle at a lower altitude, we could use the force produced by said planes to turn the turbines - energy from waste.

And they moan about my 1.4l  diesel van.

30 minutes ago, asitis said:

I certainly hope so, my worry would be that he knows what he is talking about, and that is probably a risk in showing up our current management for their lack of aviation knowledge. I reckon they'll kick and scream to keep knowledgeable people away from the post ! " Can't have some who might see the flaws dear boy, it's just not CS"

A familiar theme all through government it would appear. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Anyroads, by the grace of Manannan Mac Lir we landed at 2205. 

For a split second there I thought you meant the year 2205.

I'm only halfway through my first coffee. 🫣 And besides, it's not totally beyond the realm of possibilities for the evening EZ Gatwick flight.

• Haha 2