Airport.

Billy kettlefish

11 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

You do recall a worker was killed out there in a similar incident a few years ago.

Yes an electrician and a fire engine playing chicken with each other if I recall correctly.

Edited by finlo

The bulk of the expenditure is for:

1) Resurfacing of runway 03/21 - good - it needs it, preferably grooved too for wet weather performance reasons.

2) Widening of starter strips to match the width of the main runway - complete waste of money as not needed to allow aircraft to operate. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

The bulk of the expenditure is for:

1) Resurfacing of runway 03/21 - good - it needs it, preferably grooved too for wet weather performance reasons.

What commercial flights will use it though?. I know the Q400 could but I do not recall the ATR's of Stobart ever doing so and I presume anything Easyjet have could not.

21 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

What commercial flights will use it though?. I know the Q400 could but I do not recall the ATR's of Stobart ever doing so and I presume anything Easyjet have could not.

ATRs can use 21 it - depends on the Company policy. Stobart used it for take off regularly, think they had a company restriction for landings though- not sure. If it was blowing a hoolie out of the south, I'd expect EZY could use it for take off too.

1 hour ago, jaymann said:

This is the most recent masterplan as I understood it...

image0.jpg

That work of fiction was submitted by the Deputy Airport Director to National Air Traffic Services a couple of years ago when they were asked to complete a technical report about the Airport's Instrument landing facilities. It's quite frankly an insight into the complete delusional view of what we need to service our needs and has, as I understand it, been kicked into the long grass by the powers that be.

Edited by madmanxpilot