IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

I wonder if any of our illustrious will pick this up in Tynwald or are they on recess for the summer ? We've got a couple of ex broadcast journalists on the payroll who should have at least a basic grasp of media law. No need for Harbottle and Lewis at this stage. But they need to back down.  

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Probably just as well, given how emotional Moulton can get.  But you wonder if this is also the effect of the Callin Wild letter - and if it is this is not a healthy situation.

Exactly this. Be interesting to see/hear any official response - if anything specific is forthcoming.

55 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I wonder if any of our illustrious will pick this up in Tynwald or are they on recess for the summer ? We've got a couple of ex broadcast journalists on the payroll who should have at least a basic grasp of media law. No need for Harbottle and Lewis at this stage. But they need to back down.  

They're gone. 

They'll be back in October. 

I have to wonder

the public paid ‘how much’ for EXPOL to investigate the deaths of the residents and the The public paid for Home Affairs to investigate the residents deaths

Hooper and the Home Affairs Minister should make statements about what restrictions were imposed on those investigations and who was investigated?, in example were DHSC management investigated and if so who. 

1 hour ago, buncha wankas said:

I have to wonder

the public paid ‘how much’ for EXPOL to investigate the deaths of the residents and the The public paid for Home Affairs to investigate the residents deaths

Hooper and the Home Affairs Minister should make statements about what restrictions were imposed on those investigations and who was investigated?, in example were DHSC management investigated and if so who. 

Hopefully this will all come out in the Covid Inquiry.

If it doesn't I thknk there may be hell to pay.

• Thanks 1

In other Manx Care news: I was sorry to hear that Mr Peter Duffy. Consultant urologist at Nobles, has decided to take early retirement.   Most will know that Mr Duffy was a whistleblower in England and was essentially hounded out of his job - he ended up working over here as it was “outside” the UK NHS.   He’s written two books about what happened to him - worth seeking out if you’re interested in how the Establishment/Government treats whistleblowers - but he’s decided enough is enough.   I’ll be sorry to see him go - but wish him well.   It must be a relief under these ongoing circumstances to just stop…

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/consultant-urologist-clarifies-sudden-departure-from-nobles-hospital/

Edited by Jarndyce
Added MR link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

In other Manx Care news: I was sorry to hear that Mr Peter Duffy. Consultant urologist at Nobles, has decided to take early retirement.   Most will know that Mr Duffy was a whistleblower in England and was essentially hounded out of his job - he ended up working over here as it was “outside” the UK NHS.   He’s written two books about what happened to him - worth seeking out if you’re interested in how the Establishment/Government treats whistleblowers - but he’s decided enough is enough.   I’ll be sorry to see him go - but wish him well.   It must be a relief under these ongoing circumstances to just stop…

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/consultant-urologist-clarifies-sudden-departure-from-nobles-hospital/

When that press issue was first posted very early this morning, Mr. Duffy was a 'neurologist' rather than urologist.

Good old MR on the ball. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, quilp said:

When that press issue was first posted very early this morning, Mr. Duffy was a 'neurologist' rather than urologist.

Good old MR on the ball. 

He was also having issues with his former employees, not employers.

As you say, Good old MR

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, John Wright said:

He was also having issues with his former employees, not employers.

As you say, Good old MR

Yes, that part of the report remains uncorrected also.

How difficult can it be to get it right ..?

🙄🤔