IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

When will the IOM Government also do this  - and do so properly? The number and costs of both of the two empires with the creation of Manx Care are a complete disgrace.

Highest-paid UK NHS managers could be cleared out in Treasury audit

Audit to shine a light on duplication. All UK government departments must give breakdown of jobs so officials can evaluate each team, its costs and whether roles are duplicated

By Christopher Hope and Tony Diver

UK Ministers have ordered an audit of NHS jobs as part of a probe into departmental spending on civil service jobs which could lead to a thinning out of highly paid posts in the health service.

Stephen Barclay, the Chief Secretary to the Treasury, has ordered every government department to submit a report into how many staff they have on the payroll.

The news came amid concern that the NHS will swallow the entire £36 billion raised over the next three years from the tax hikes, even though £5.4 billion has been earmarked for social care.

Departments have been asked to submit a full list of their workforces and their associated bodies so that Treasury officials can start to look at duplication in the jobs that they hold.

A particular focus for Mr Barclay is the thousands of staff in the Department of Health and National Health Service, which last week put out job adverts for 42 new executives on salaries of up to £270,000, who share the same roles.

Edited by Cassie2
  • Thanks 4

Good article, sadly will not happen here. The leading lights, including Alf Cannan currently standing for election, had an opportunity in the last regime to cut the Government headcount. All they did was increase the civil service and public sector head count. More salaries and additional pension liabilities. 

• Thanks 2

I think it ?may. be  Cab Off but maybe someone else knows. This is the reason for all these people, old and new.

https://www.gov.im/media/1373337/iom-primary-care-at-scale-strategy-v16.pdf

It does not paint a good picture I'm afraid.. Resources and collaborations / relationships relabelled as problematic in this report. It raises many potential questions for the election candidates and enables them to give very detailed responses if they wish.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Apple said:

I think it ?may. be  Cab Off but maybe someone else knows. This is the reason for all these people, old and new.

https://www.gov.im/media/1373337/iom-primary-care-at-scale-strategy-v16.pdf

It does not paint a good picture I'm afraid.. Resources and collaborations / relationships relabelled as problematic in this report. It raises many potential questions for the election candidates and enables them to give very detailed responses if they wish.  

It’s another weighty tome, which average Joe Public wouldn’t understand. I found it hard to comprehend, it’s very dry reading but does have some pictures. I doubt our wannabe politicos would be able to give a detailed response as I doubt they would understand. 

I hear that Sir Jonathan, Andrew Foster and Kathryn Magson have deigned to visit our island recently. Wouldn't it be nice if they all thought that for the money we are paying them they could actually live here (is it a tax thing?) or could actually spend some time talking to the public about what is happening, or about to happen to our health services.

For me, Manx Care had a great opportunity to demonstrate honesty, openness and trust by explaining why they breached the GDPR rules and their answers to the current. General Practice problems. They didn't. So much for public engagement !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Apple said:

and their answers to the current. General Practice problems. They didn't. So much for public engagement !!!

From what I understand there are also increasing staffing /recruitment problems with dentistry and community pharmacy due to the relevant professionals going back to the UK/Ireland/ Europe. They are apparently fed up with they way they are being treated and with the Covid restrictions resulting in them (along with everyone else) not being able to see family member they are 'upping sticks'. They may have the potential to earn more here but end up spending a lot of it going back to see family and friends. When you then add into the mix the issues over shortage of teachers and other professionals such as vets, along with a lack of affordable housing, the Island is rapidly losing any attraction it had for professions to come and live here. Perhaps that is why Sir Jonathan, Andrew Foster or Ms Magson only visit!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, 2112 said:

What is this? DOI? Cabinet Office? Or one team?

Looks like the temp Cabinet Office project team to establish Manx Care and port across from DHSC and do some transform work in readiness. Some names look like theyve been temped in from elsewhere (based on my dealings with Govt).

34 minutes ago, Apple said:

Very surprised to see Dr Ransom's name on the Employment Tribunal hearing schedule. Presumably then she has been dismissed ?

Anyone know what has gone on ?

That's expected, Ashford to elude to a whistleblowing case pending....does whistleblowing lead to dismissal in government?  They don't have a good track record with whistleblowers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Apple said:

Very surprised to see Dr Ransom's name on the Employment Tribunal hearing schedule. Presumably then she has been dismissed ?

Ranson.  I realise it's probably auto-correct, seen it many times, but possibly quite apt?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Apple said:

That’s been mentioned on here before. She’s still in employment. However post 1/4/21 and the birth of Manx Care after a long gestation and a one year shadow, the role may not be quite was sold, offered, accepted.

12 hours ago, cissolt said:

That's expected, Ashford to elude to a whistleblowing case pending....does whistleblowing lead to dismissal in government?  They don't have a good track record with whistleblowers.

There was one, where an interim decision was published about evidence disclosure, in the last week or so.

Whistleblowing shouldn’t result in dismissal, direct or constructive.

• Thanks 2

On 9/16/2021 at 6:21 AM, John Wright said:

Whistleblowing shouldn’t result in dismissal, direct or constructive.

Totally agree.

I understand from a recent case that if the person only 'believes' the disclosure is in the public interest (or maybe even part of their job or role or even Code of Conduct) then that is sufficient to make such a claim and be protected from any discriminatory action. Is that correct ?