IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

15 minutes ago, Gladys said:

On the breast cancer figures, that is really good news, but what about other figures?  Is Spire being used to improve the waiting times in other areas too, perhaps in the less high profile but equally devastating conditions? 

And yet, I know someone who had blood cancer, diagnosed at the same time as me, in remission, had worrying signs of relapse in Late spring/early summer , was only offered an August appointment, which was then cancelled and rescheduled to November, who has had to start chemo privately.

The boy David and his staff/Manx Care won’t answer letters from this person!

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

I had a cancer scare this month. Saw my GP 1/9 who put in a referral to the appropriate consultant at Nobles.

I received the appointment letter on 14/9 and the appointment was on 17/9, so two weeks, three days from GP referral to appointment. 

Thankfully it was a false alarm, although something else was spotted on the scan that we'll be keeping an eye on. 

I'm quite happy my GP acted quickly (it was a new situation, not something that had been bubbling away) as it easily could have been serious. When I went to the GP appointment, cancer was the furthest thing from my mind so it was a bit of a shock.

I'm all too aware that far too many on the island get fobbed off, beginning with their GP. It makes me angry that this is the case, and even more grateful that my experience has been positive. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, John Wright said:

The boy David and his staff/Manx Care won’t answer letters from this person!

That sounds outrageous. Presumably his treatment is being given off island by a different Consultant ? Hope he has a good advocate.

I hear the CQC are starting to look into serious matters that no-one is allowed to discuss. Could this be one of those issues? Should we brace ourselves?

7 hours ago, Amber said:

Thought the Dr Tinwell case was abandoned due to erroneous claims 

It was settled I heard. I'm not surprised though, listening repeatedly to the names she was called every day I think must have been very distressing for her. 

16 hours ago, Gladys said:

I am sure we will see a point by point rebuttal. 

On the breast cancer figures, that is really good news, but what about other figures?  Is Spire being used to improve the waiting times in other areas too, perhaps in the less high profile but equally devastating conditions? 

Private patients has been shut since jan 2019, we must have lost millions in income 

They must be expecting a real humdinger of a tribunal with Ranson as they've set aside a whole 14 days in January and February to hear it.

As they have for another case Mr Graeme Jones V Office of the Clerk of Tynwald, which will take place in December and January before then.  The Clerk of Tynwald has just retired of course (though I reckon he was of retirement age), though I can't find out is a replacement has yet been appointed.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

They must be expecting a real humdinger of a tribunal with Ranson as they've set aside a whole 14 days in January and February to hear it.

As they have for another case Mr Graeme Jones V Office of the Clerk of Tynwald, which will take place in December and January before then.  The Clerk of Tynwald has just retired of course (though I reckon he was of retirement age), though I can't find out is a replacement has yet been appointed.

I believe it is Jonathan King.  It was reported a little whole ago. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I believe it is Jonathan King.  It was reported a little whole ago. 

Now you say it, I remember reading about it at the time.  it's just slightly odd they haven't updated any of the official websites yet, though it's technically been a week.  Have they forgotten to do some legal flummery and are having to wait for the new House to sort it out?

Apropos of nothing ,except I found it on King's Twitter while googling, here's a picture of Michael Portillo , delighted that, after having travelled the whole world, he has finally found someone dressed more ridiculously than he is:

• Haha 6

On 9/29/2021 at 9:41 AM, 2112 said:

Issues, Issues ……….. either way as taxpayers we will be saddled with a bill due to incompetence at the highest level. It’s obvious that she is unhappy and has various issues. It’s extremely sad that it should come to this. Can IOMG get anything right? 

Yes it’s obvious that she is unhappy and has various issues. But let’s wait and see what the outcome is.

It is also possible that Ransom can’t  get anything right and we as taxpayers are saddled with a legal bill due to her incompetence. 

I am certainly not saying that will be the case but the IOMG also has the right to be assumed innocent until proven guilty.

As usual there are too many on here who make the automatic assumption that the Government are always wrong, stupid, incompetent or just plain evil.

All these bar room lawyers (“they are going to have a difficult time proving it is not constructive dismissal”) and those quoting hearsay as well.

For example

(“ Somebody told me she wasn’t transferred over. So was basically left in a legacy role that didn’t really exist that she hoped she’d get fed up of and then jack it in and go back to the UK. So a likely case for constructive dismissal “)

How about that for conjecture?