IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

Employment & Equality Tribunal          Dr Rosalind Ranson V  Department of Health & Social Care (Directions Hearing)

28th September 2021           

Public hearing or not ? 

Edited by Apple
not needed now

On 9/23/2021 at 10:47 AM, Apple said:

Employment & Equality Tribunal          Dr Rosalind Ranson V  Department of Health & Social Care (Directions Hearing)

28th September 2021           

Public hearing or not ? 

Moderators - PS -Can somebody please merge these two threads on Manx Care together off deemed appropriate. 

According to the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece this morning, this case is going to a full hearing in January 2022. Either way, it doesn’t look good - allegations abounding and as with all IOMG matters, bound to end in tears and recriminations, and promotions all round. 

• Haha 1

Allegations of wiping phone records which the AG is looking into.  Pardon the pun, but that rings a bell. I wonder if some dork tried to run the phone through a shredder?

Yesterday's report also said that the AG needed more time to prepare their case but were told they had sufficient time to prepare for the hearing in January.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

Most phones can be zapped remotely nowadays. I’ve done it myself with difficult leavers. 

It was a lighthearted attempt at humour!

The press release says she is still employed by DHSC.  Is the role part of the rump that was left after the creation of Manx Care, or should her employer have changed as part of the re-jig?

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Allegations of wiping phone records which the AG is looking into.  Pardon the pun, but that rings a bell. I wonder if some dork tried to run the phone through a shredder?

Yesterday's report also said that the AG needed more time to prepare their case but were told they had sufficient time to prepare for the hearing in January.  

Isn’t that David Ashford’s area of expertise - King of the Shredder?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

It was a lighthearted attempt at humour!

The press release says she is still employed by DHSC.  Is the role part of the rump that was left after the creation of Manx Care, or should her employer have changed as part of the re-jig?

Issues, Issues ……….. either way as taxpayers we will be saddled with a bill due to incompetence at the highest level. It’s obvious that she is unhappy and has various issues. It’s extremely sad that it should come to this. Can IOMG get anything right? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Somebody told me that she wasn’t transferred over. So was basically left in a legacy role that didn’t really exist that they hoped she’d get fed up of and then jack it in and go back to the UK. So likely a case for constructive dismissal. Phone zapping is usually the last resort in silencing people who don’t take the hint in my experience. 

My reading also.  She wasn't long in the job before the change to Manx Care, as I recall.  So, it makes you wonder what happened in the interim. 

Either way, if she is saying she was effectively dismissed but DHSC says she is still employed, is she being paid and is she performing the job she is being paid for?  If not, why not? 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Somebody told me that she wasn’t transferred over. So was basically left in a legacy role that didn’t really exist that they hoped she’d get fed up of and then jack it in and go back to the UK. So likely a case for constructive dismissal. Phone zapping is usually the last resort in silencing people who don’t take the hint in my experience. 

In other words at the planning stage for the creation of Manx Care, things have gone awry, or it’s been badly planned organised by civil servants. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

My reading also.  She wasn't long in the job before the change to Manx Care, as I recall.  So, it makes you wonder what happened in the interim. 

Either way, if she is saying she was effectively dismissed but DHSC says she is still employed, is she being paid and is she performing the job she is being paid for?  If not, why not? 

She gave evidence to committee 

it is in public domain, looks like she stood up to bad management over Covid and they shafted her. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

I think the allegation is that because she was challenging the regime she was sidelined in the DHSC rump rather than moved to the job in Manx Care, perhaps in the hope she's leave. Whether that's constructive dismissal will be for the tribunal to decide. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Declan said:

I think the allegation is that because she was challenging the regime she was sidelined in the DHSC rump rather than moved to the job in Manx Care, perhaps in the hope she's leave. Whether that's constructive dismissal will be for the tribunal to decide. 

To some extent it depend on what she was promised at interview, but I can't imagine that the Manx Care situation wasn't discussed given how close the changes were and she's shrewd enough (and has enough experience of the English NHS) to have got everything recorded.  They've effectively created a ghost job for her and taking the phone off her is really stupid - it's the 21st century equivalent of moving her desk into the corridor.  They're going to have a difficult time proving it's not constructive dismissal, which presumably why they are trying to delay things even more in the hope it will go away.

This will be a test of the new administration as to how they handle this and the fallout from it.  It's also interesting that Manx Radio actually seem to have sent someone to cover the hearing rather than wait for stuff to appear on judgments.im.  Maybe there is an advantage in getting Glover elected, we could actually see some reporting happening.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

it is in public domain, looks like she stood up to bad management over Covid and they shafted her. 

Thats what it looks like (good report by the way from Manx Radio reporter) .

I think this will go the same way as Dr Tinwell's case and be settled before it goes all the way - therefore preventing any accusations being made. In view of the impact of Covid there could be serious or even legal implications should the way the hospital managed and related events and episodes be challenged in public.

Most of the people involved have probably left anyway and those who could be asked to provide evidence could be numerous. There will be some who will not want to get involved and stay quiet, fearing for their own jobs.

One of the comments in the hearing I gather indicated that Sir Jonathan may be asked to provide evidence. 

As the parties have agreed to the hearing starting in January etc isn't Magson supposed to be leaving at the end of this year ? (Not that she lived here at all). I wonder if that is relevant ?

There are other cases involving DHSC - could things get any worse ? 

Very good news to hear about the Breast Care 2ww lists getting back on track. Well done Spire ! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Apple said:

Thats what it looks like (good report by the way from Manx Radio reporter) .

I think this will go the same way as Dr Tinwell's case and be settled before it goes all the way - therefore preventing any accusations being made. In view of the impact of Covid there could be serious or even legal implications should the way the hospital managed and related events and episodes be challenged in public.

Most of the people involved have probably left anyway and those who could be asked to provide evidence could be numerous. There will be some who will not want to get involved and stay quiet, fearing for their own jobs.

One of the comments in the hearing I gather indicated that Sir Jonathan may be asked to provide evidence. 

As the parties have agreed to the hearing starting in January etc isn't Magson supposed to be leaving at the end of this year ? (Not that she lived here at all). I wonder if that is relevant ?

There are other cases involving DHSC - could things get any worse ? 

Very good news to hear about the Breast Care 2ww lists getting back on track. Well done Spire ! 

I am sure we will see a point by point rebuttal. 

On the breast cancer figures, that is really good news, but what about other figures?  Is Spire being used to improve the waiting times in other areas too, perhaps in the less high profile but equally devastating conditions? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

I am sure we will see a point by point rebuttal. 

One can only hope but don't hold your breath. 😀

There are two private providers being used to reduce waiting times.  Personally I would like them to go even further to a 1ww for suspected cancer cases. The news of the intended extra appointments is welcome as some of their expertise may be used to help in the management of other conditions. Recruitment will not be easy though.

11 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Is Spire being used to improve the waiting times in other areas too, perhaps in the less high profile but equally devastating conditions? 

Not heard of any plans as yet but we do desperately need, for some specialities at least, a strategy by DHSC and Treasury to deal with the long waiting times. The hardest part will be recruiting and retaining the expertise we need. But they did it with the new cardiologist recently (nice chap Dr Hall) and there is more to follow I hear (did not see any public announcement about that which is unusual). So it seems some things are moving and presumably on a prioritised basis I assume.

• Thanks 1