IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

39 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I was asking whether IOMG actually made the effort to recruit a new permanent Director? Did anyone apply? Was anyone offered the job, and if so why are they not in post? I’m sure the Professor can do a good job etc, and if so, why can’t he do the job on a permanent basis? IOMGs track record on recruitment is hardly glowing, and on a position which is in the upper eschelons of the civil service, the recruitment needs to be done properly. Consider the cost of recruitment, even if it is being conducted by a recruitment agency. 

Why don’t you ask Manx care or your MHK 

51 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I was asking whether IOMG actually made the effort to recruit a new permanent Director? Did anyone apply? Was anyone offered the job, and if so why are they not in post

I think most of your questions might be answered in the MR article which you initially mentioned - 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/government-re-advertising-for-new-director-of-public-health/

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

I was asking whether IOMG actually made the effort to recruit a new permanent Director? Did anyone apply? Was anyone offered the job, and if so why are they not in post? I’m sure the Professor can do a good job etc, and if so, why can’t he do the job on a permanent basis? IOMGs track record on recruitment is hardly glowing, and on a position which is in the upper eschelons of the civil service, the recruitment needs to be done properly. Consider the cost of recruitment, even if it is being conducted by a recruitment agency. 

IOMG make an effort ????????????   where the fuck have you been hiding

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I see Professor Dr Ashford MHK has been on the NPM this morning asking for the island to adopt the health recruitment code of practice - whereby not recruiting staff from poor countries, thereby depriving them of talent (brain drain). 

At this moment in time the island is desperate for quality staff especially nursing and medical. The island is reliant on recruiting from many countries, without which playing pious and morality games isn’t really the time. 

Also it’s rather galling Professor Dr Ashford MHK doning his moral hat, especially when he himself contributed to the mess within the Manx Healthcare system, has been found wanting in the Ranson Tribunal, and ultimately resigned, but only after public pressure. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Bit like Paula Vennel's returning her CBE (eventually) after a million plus signed the petition 

Sadly, Professor Dr Ashford MHK, chief know it all, should have handed back his MBE, especially as he loves Morals …………..I think the only ones he probably likes are Morels on his plate. The same applies to ex CM Howard Quayle CBE who is equally responsible for the state of the island. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

I see Professor Dr Ashford MHK has been on the NPM this morning asking for the island to adopt the health recruitment code of practice - whereby not recruiting staff from poor countries, thereby depriving them of talent (brain drain). 

Isn't that just far-right Tory for "we don't want those foreign people here" ?

• Like 1

We need peoples from other countries to maintain staff levels and some are excellent but they should have a certain standard of English it's stressful enough when you are ill and worried without trying to understand what is being said to you a lack of communication can have serious consequences.    As for Ashford's utterances people who come from foreign countries often come for the money a lot of which they send home to their families to improve their living standards.

16 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

We need peoples from other countries to maintain staff levels and some are excellent but they should have a certain standard of English it's stressful enough when you are ill and worried without trying to understand what is being said to you a lack of communication can have serious consequences.    As for Ashford's utterances people who come from foreign countries often come for the money a lot of which they send home to their families to improve their living standards.

Frankly, I often find Ashford’s utterances harder to understand than anything a foreign staff member has ever said to me in a healthcare setting.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

Frankly, I often find Ashford’s utterances harder to understand than anything a foreign staff member has ever said to me in a healthcare setting.

Well quite, but we mustn't set the bar too low.  Being more comprehensible than Ashford won't be anything like enough.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Poaching people from other countries is never going to solve the situation. How many young Manx people are going into medicine and related professions?

6 hours ago, Ivy said:

Isn't that just far-right Tory for "we don't want those foreign people here" ?

As someone who spent some time as an in-patient, the care by the nursing and auxiliary staff is exceptional, often doing a thankless task. What I would say is Professor Dr Ashford MBE likes to play the expert, but he was in a position to both influence both recruitment and finance, which he did nothing as both DHSC Minister and Treasury Minister. . To come out now with his comments is sickening really. Is he advocating that if an experienced nurse from the Philippines or Africa, that HR not recruit them, to prevent a brain drain from their country? 

2 hours ago, Max Power said:
It’s going to be heartbreaking when the kindly old woodcarver who made David Ashford tells him he’s not a real boy.

Jiminy Cricket clearly hasn't caught up with him yet

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

Frankly, I find Ashford's utterances harder to believe than anything that anybody has ever said to me. The Ranson Enquiry thought similar too.

Well, short of anything that Skelly says, that is....

• Like 1