Firm closing

finlo

14 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

OK, horses for courses and all that.

I’m  not going to tell anyone where they need to live or visit or what they need to enjoy their life.

For my part I enjoy living in Ramsey. 

But it’s not just a few old boys sitting on the quay with their beers and their dogs.

Theres a fair few of the younger generation enjoying the same.

My point was though there wasn’t the last twice I’ve been there. Lots of younger on the later buses though heading into the Outback and the likes. 

9 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I have spent, with my friends, many a nice evening on the quay this summer , sitting on a bench across from the Traf, pint in hand watching the sunset. With my dog who is a magnet for others to come and chat to you.

That sounds pretty idyllic to be honest. 

This is a prime example of planning not being fit for purpose.

In a case like this where there is obviously no reason for any objection and the guy is asking for clarity so he can plan it should just be waved through.

In fact, why does he even have to waste time and money on an application?  It should be a phone call to planning and then a common sense conversation where they record his intentions and tell him to go ahead with their blessing.

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/virtual-reality-games-centre-and-arcade-wants-to-move-to-middle-of-douglas-642915

Edited by CrazyDave

2 minutes ago, User Name said:

Shoprite have sold out to Tesco - hot off the press.

I really, really hope that is not true.  It would be a disaster for so many reasons.

I don’t believe it anyway, but hopefully if it ever was the case people would boycott Tesco until they jumped ship.

4 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Can only be a good thing.

It couldn’t possibly be a good thing.

They would close stores and bump up prices and we would become very reliant on one single form brining food in.  Do they even stock local eggs for example?  If so what do they pay the producers?

6 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Shop elsewhere.  I have only set foot in the  place once.  There are better places to shop.

So by all accounts If it has been sold, the whole island will have to shop at coop, spar and Robinsons.  Well try telling that to the entire island. 

Go take your head for a wobble. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4