Firm closing

finlo

1 hour ago, KERED said:

I think/hope that many people will find your post offensive, on several levels.

(BTW - would you care to explain what you mean by "mongs"?)

Surely you must know already,otherwise how would you think it could be offensive?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anthony Ingham said:

New Irish bar coming to Douglas where Bordello was.

Good news.

"Irish" bars were a bit of a thing in the late 90s early 20s so I am sure it will fit in well for fraggle rock.

BUT

I have a lot of Irish friends from the Island of Ireland and they think of those type of bars like a warped Disneyland and would not even enter, never mind be sick in their rest rooms* .

More urgently, you lot need something to cover the loss of all those Chinese Banks/ Mafia/ Triads businesses' which now, does not look like it can continue to fund the pit of the IOM CS and what will you do to replace that income.

Come on Dave, have you had your house valued recently?

Where is your pension being funded from now you have lost the golden Goose????

*The sign of a proper session.

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

"Irish" bars were a bit of a thing in the late 90s early 20s so I am sure it will fit in well for fraggle rock.

BUT

I have a lot of Irish friends from the Island of Ireland and they think of those type of bars like a warped Disneyland and would not even enter, never mind be sick in their rest rooms* .

More urgently, you lot need something to cover the loss of all those Chinese Banks/ Mafia/ Triads businesses' which now, does not look like it can continue to fund the pit of the IOM CS and what will you do to replace that income.

Come on Dave, have you had your house valued recently?

Where is your pension being funded from now you have lost the golden Goose????

*The sign of a proper session.

It’s owned by an Irishman tbf. 

Same owner as Copper Still (formerly known as Seven Kingdoms - to be clear, nothing to do with previous owners or managers of SK). 

4 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Very sorry to see Looney's going. Like Felton's they'd become part of the town. It's a huge loss to Ramsey. Decent prices and quality too. Paid my last visit there today as they're closing once stock has all gone. I imagine they'll be gone by the weekend. It's always been a pleasure shopping in there and I wish them well.

They used to be in Felton's store didn't they? Seem to remember the Looney name over that one.

4 hours ago, display name said:

Surely you must know already,otherwise how would you think it could be offensive?

Actually, I didn't say that I didn't know what is meant by the term "mongs".

I asked if the poster would care to explain what He/She defines as mongs.