Firm closing

finlo

Just now, Anthony Ingham said:

No.

I have no idea what he/she is on about because they haven’t given enough info.

At a guess they went last week and went again this week and the bill had risen by £27?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Do you mean the pub that was previously owned and operated by H&B but is now leased out to an outfit that do much better food and service?

Do you mean the same outfit that have three eateries within a mile and a half of each other and now wanting government to assist them?

43 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Another shop closing …………. Memorabilia of Ramsey. Financial pressures on retailers cited as a reason for closure, after a closing down sale.

Yet the commissioner clowns object to new housing that could attract younger people to live in Ramsey

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Yet the commissioner clowns object to new housing that could attract younger people to live in Ramsey

The place was a dump and last time o walked past looked closed anyway.  Books in the window had been there years, were all faded and had a layer of dust and cobwebs on them.

It’s a shame but the closure is no sign of anything other than a business being poorly run.  Personally if I had a shop there with a new Tesco nearby, o a couple of other places opening nearby and a restaurant on the process of opening near enough next door I would be making sure my shop looked clean and inviting.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Another shop closing …………. Memorabilia of Ramsey. Financial pressures on retailers cited as a reason for closure, after a closing down sale.

Weird, as I would have thought that memorabilia is the only thing that Ramsey has left...  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anthony Ingham said:

The place was a dump and last time o walked past looked closed anyway.  Books in the window had been there years, were all faded and had a layer of dust and cobwebs on them.

It’s a shame but the closure is no sign of anything other than a business being poorly run.  Personally if I had a shop there with a new Tesco nearby, o a couple of other places opening nearby and a restaurant on the process of opening near enough next door I would be making sure my shop looked clean and inviting.

Says the person who changes the paper in the printers at Starship Enterprise...........

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

https://www.tynwald.org.im/spfile?file=/business/opqp/sittings/20212026/2024-GD-0035.pdf

if you need a laugh, this will cheer you up. DFE made up figures for the past year

DFE - "The Department will continue to operate with the highest levels of financial discipline to ensure responsible stewardship of public funds."

just don't mention Love IM.

DFE - "In addition to directly supporting the retention of over 37,200 private sector jobs"

are they mad?

Edited by english zloty
37,200 jobs thanks to DFE
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Says the person who changes the paper in the printers at Starship Enterprise...........

What are you on about?  Do you even know the shop in question?  It would have failed in any town or city anywhere in the world the way it was presented and run.

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

The Stella's of St Paul's Sq. Hefty rent and the business rates wouldn't have helped, smaller businesses aren't as well equipped as the bigger ones to handle the pressures now being faced.

• Confused 1

How does a VAT bill cripple a business?

The Boathouse

Important announcement! As of this week we have made the incredibly difficult decision to reduce the restaurants opening hours. 

Unfortunately we just can't continue to operate as  much as we would like as the  VAT bill has been crippling us and the only option we have is to close our doors completely or operate at the weekend only. 

We love what we do and want to continue to offer our hospitality to our growing loyal customers for as long as possible so we hope you continue to support us in these difficult times.

Anyone with an existing booking within the times that are now closed will receive email confirmation that their booking has now been cancelled. We would be happy to rearrange your booking. 

On a more exciting note our new menu for May is being released this evening so keep your eyes peeled 👀