Depp Heard

Mr. Sausages

8 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Funnily enough I was chatting to a lesbian friend last week who fervently hates AH!

It's good that the 30 year old overweight virgins living on a computer in their mum's basement have got a label now however. 

Incel? So is that to describe the social media/Facebook style witch-hunt? we had our very own case on island recently with the recent fatal hit and run, people outraged/disgusted that the people they thought were guilty had been released pending further investigation.

7 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Incel? So is that to describe the social media/Facebook style witch-hunt? we had our very own case on island recently with the recent fatal hit and run, people outraged/disgusted that the people they thought were guilty had been released pending further investigation.

No. An 'incel' is a male unable to attract any sexual attention from women and are involuntarily celebate.

Low form of scum, blaming their own shortcomings on women. Responsible for a few schools shooting type activities in the US. 

My lesbian friend is hot and married. The exact opposite of an incel.

Edited by The Phantom

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

A lot of the memes attacking Heard are coming from websites where people typically identify as incels.

A lot of the memes attacking Depp are coming from websites where people typically identify as...

Women !

In the bigger picture, I think in this case bringing incels into it is a moot point, tbh. It's just two camps of differing opinion, whatever motivates them. And even then, the incels you speak of must be a very tiny number of opinionates amongst all the chatter.

I guess women can be involuntary celibates too, not that I'd personally be inclined to label them as such. Is it an exclusively male thing, do you think? 

Edited by quilp
Gender crisis and spellig

40 minutes ago, quilp said:

A lot of the memes attacking Depp are coming from websites where people typically identify as...

Women !

I have not seen many memes or people attacking Depp.  In fact, bizarrely, the only support I have seen for Heard was from a male columnist in the Daily Mail although I believe he was involved in the case that went before the UK courts.

The claim that was debunked on snopes was one that I saw on Facebook which was shared by a woman so they are certainly not immune from falling foul of "fake news".  People are terrible at fact checking and just share posts because it suits there perspective. 

40 minutes ago, quilp said:

In the bigger picture, I think in this case bringing incels into it is a moot point, tbh. It's just two camps of differing opinion, whatever motivates them. And even then, the incels you speak of must be a very tiny number of opinionates amongst all the chatter.

Whilst I agree that it may be a moot point there is certainly a swell of nastiness of the areas of the internet inhabited by incels and they are producing "content" that is being shared by others without being fact checked.  This is turn drives the chatter and opinions of others and we end up with more toxicity spread all over.

48 minutes ago, quilp said:

I guess women can be involuntary celibates too, not that I'd personally be inclined to label them as such. Is it an exclusively male thing, do you think? 

It is not exclusively male but is certainly predominately male.  Apparently there is even a debate within the Incel community as to whether or not a woman can be an incel! Remember that Incel's believe that they are entitled to sex and are denied it by women.  I expect that they struggle with the concept that women would be "refused" sex in the same way they are.  

Load of information here including female incels and links to extremism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incel 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

So Depp is a abuser (UK) and a victim (US), while Heard is a victim (UK) and an abuser (US)?

I'm sure everyone involved is very proud of themselves.

Don't forget Heard won an element of her counter suit against Depp in the US.

Reality is that the UK and US cases have been civil cases dealing with defamation.

The real test would be in a criminal court. 

12 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Don't forget Heard won an element of her counter suit against Depp in the US.

Reality is that the UK and US cases have been civil cases dealing with defamation.

The real test would be in a criminal court. 

The real test would be to shut the fuck up as nobody with an IQ over room temperature is bothered

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

There are no real winners here.

What I would say is that the whole pantomime has done little to support male or female victims of domestic violence in the future. 

Yes indeed, but if you can find your way through all the nonsense wasn’t  this case about Depp claiming he’d been falsely accused of domestic violence (or falsely accused of some domestic violence)? At least that’s my understanding.

This case is obviously not the greatest example to cite because of all the muddied waters and the twists and turns involved.

However, in general terms ( ignoring this particular case), as important as it is that victims of domestic violence (male and female) receive the support they deserve, we also need to be aware of the potential impact on those falsely accused of such violence, or of such accusations being greatly exaggerated.

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

wasn’t  this case about Depp claiming he’d been falsely accused of domestic violence (or falsely accused of some domestic violence)? At least that’s my understanding.

The case was about whether or not Heard had defamed Depp in a piece published in the Washington Post. 

As previously stated this case doesn't address whether Depp or Heard or both are guilty of domestic abuse.