Pubs

lawfulintrigue

10 hours ago, Banker said:

Don’t the Cowley family still have a controlling interest? 

Indeed but they have no one in an Executive capacity, the biggest Share block I think are the Clagues, but it may have changed a bit since I left Okells

13 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

Indeed but they have no one in an Executive capacity, the biggest Share block I think are the Clagues, but it may have changed a bit since I left Okells

Isn’t Johnathan Clague chairman but suppose he isn’t involved in day to day workings but must agree overall policy on wages etc 

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Isn’t Johnathan Clague chairman but suppose he isn’t involved in day to day workings but must agree overall policy on wages etc 

No he is nlo longer Chairman has not been for I guess 2 years, Chairman is an Ex Banker I am led to believe

On 6/21/2022 at 1:52 PM, Roxanne said:

They've had years of a steady stream of people lining up for jobs.  It's not like that now but they don't seem to have caught up with the concept of being nice to their staff and treating them fairly.

It is the concept of being 'nice' to the community in general, Ramsey commissioners are not happy about the state of closed pubs and as already said 'they dont care' why are they not accountable for the ripple affect of their bad employment training and apathy of customers' concerns?

On 6/24/2022 at 10:16 PM, lawfulintrigue said:

It is the concept of being 'nice' to the community in general, Ramsey commissioners are not happy about the state of closed pubs and as already said 'they dont care' why are they not accountable for the ripple affect of their bad employment training and apathy of customers' concerns?

What exactly do you propose they do? 

They can't force a business to be better unless they are somehow contravening law. If they did our courts would be full to bursting!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/3/2022 at 10:46 AM, The Phantom said:

Horse & Plough for dinner on Saturday. 

Remarkably good food and very friendly and helpful staff. 

Went there for lunch about a week or so ago. There was some sort of kids party on (christening maybe ?)

Ordered food told it would be 30 or 40 minutes. Fair enough. Came slightly earlier but was cold/ tepid. Wouldn’t go back for a while

• Sad 1

• 8 months later...
On 8/1/2023 at 5:02 PM, Manxman1234 said:

Just seen on sky news duty is down from today on beer in pubs, does anyone know how much price dropped by over here?

There's very little difference.

Around 1p a pint. Most places won't implement it. 

Supermarket alcohol gone the other way, by around the same.

The reduction is only for draught beer. Anything 'packaged' (bottles/cans) will be subject to higher duty.

Fortified wines hit the hardest and put into the same duty category as spirits. 

Edited by jackwhite

• 5 months later...