Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

2 hours ago, english zloty said:

i think that's a little patronising to be honest. i fully understand what net present value is. And also i can read which is why the CAPEX (capital expenditure) in 2020-21 was stated as being £1.4billion. i have merely rounded up to 2023 prices and added a bit on based on previous performance of staying within budgets.

Not meant to be patronising. Not meaning to question your knowledge. However if you post things that are incorrect (like an interconnector is going to cost 'nearer £2Billion). Then perhaps you shouldn't be too surprised that you get what you think is a patronising reply.

See your post below

5 hours ago, english zloty said:

That was in reply my post saying it was about £100M. Which turns out to be correct.

image.png.0f985784b5e63930bc86fd7d7d61cc5e.png

You see my point?

Edited by Happier diner

5 minutes ago, Whatnonsence said:

Appreciate the correction of the figures which as already said a minuscule .

Don't think Russia China or India will be at all interested in making a contribution 

Exactly. Facts can't be allowed to get in the way of delusional self-flagellation and virtue signalling by the technically illiterate. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Not meant to be patronising. Not meaning to question your knowledge. However if you post things that are incorrect (like an interconnector is going to cost 'nearer £2Billion). Then perhaps you shouldn't be too surprised that you get what you think is a patronising reply.

See your post below

That was in reply my post saying it was about £100M. Which turns out to be correct.

image.png.0f985784b5e63930bc86fd7d7d61cc5e.png

You see my point?

That table is new to me. Thank you 😀 the report I linked to clearly states £1.4-1.8 depending on scenario. Either way a shit load of money

There is a feature on the NPM this morning masquerading as news, but more like an advertorial for seminars, about collaboration with the Northern Powerhouse Partnership. Organised by the CoC, and its guest speakers are someone from the Northern Powerhouse and CM Cannan. Whilst IOMG and others are literally throwing the kitchen sink ………….. at times desperately, in an attempt to encourage economic growth, I doubt whether the island can serious sustain population growth. The event is is being sponsored by the Peel Group. Are the Peel Group involved in the Manx Development Corporation, or just iinvolved with the cannabis farm campus, and solar farm? 

I think but could be proven wrong that MDC and Northern Powerhouse shared the stage at the Island Conference. I remember because it all looked a little too cosy. 

Eta. Confirmed here

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/government-conference-provides-new-platform-for-public-engagement-573992https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/government-conference-provides-new-platform-for-public-engagement-573992

Edited by english zloty
Link confirms supposition

2 hours ago, english zloty said:

Not too much of a leap to suggest MDC private funding is actually Peel. That might also explain why MDC aren’t too concerned about budgets. 

especially if DFE are in on the wheeze. No need to worry the little people 

Does it matter as long as someone is a partner in JV, that’s how they wirk

40 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Remember, only people already on over £100K and who would have to take a substantial pay cut are "decent"

Not sure I meant that, money certainly doesn't equal decency, if anywhere, here proves that ! There are people who wake up in the morning, take a look at themselves in the mirror and see a politician staring back, despite all evidence to the contrary. How you get people who are suited to national / international politics to stand, is a matter for debate.

• Like 2