Climate Change Progress Report

Moghrey Mie

8 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Thanks for that Phants. I'm a fan of his channel but I hadn't seen that particular video before. 

Simon has about 50 channels now!  Hardest working man on Youtube (or his script writers are at least).

Never been called Phants.  But I'll allow it. 

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Simon has about 50 channels now!  Hardest working man on Youtube (or his script writers are at least).

Never been called Phants.  But I'll allow it. 

And to think I nearly called you Phanny! :whistling:

• Haha 1

Never mind Daffers is saving the world single handedly again blowing £50K of her MHK salary on a nice new virtue signaling EV. In bright red too, so that everyone can clearly see her driving round saving the world on all that gas generated Manx electricity. 

44482F5C-F861-484B-80D4-EFED0A7C0954.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Never mind Daffers is saving the world single handedly again blowing £50K of her MHK salary on a nice new virtue signaling EV. In bright red too, so that everyone can clearly see her driving round saving the world on all that gas generated Manx electricity. 

I hope her after-sales service from Jacksons is better than mine. It certainly couldn't be any worse.

"Best Experience. Guaranteed" my arse!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

How dare she buy a red car. Blue or grey would have been much more appropriate. Or black. Not yellow though. Perhaps orange? Not sure. 

1 hour ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Wait until she finds she's gonna need finance to cover replacement batteries.

depending on the vehicle, I'm told a full set can be up to £18,000 plus another £1,000+ to find somewhere (off Island currently) to dispose of the old ones.

AND....major handringing if you want to go for a trip anywhere off the Island.

Definately not for me!!

1 minute ago, Steve_Christian said:

How dare she buy a red car. Blue or grey would have been much more appropriate. Or black. Not yellow though. Perhaps orange? Not sure. 

Oh come on... Green would have been the most appropriate. 

I wonder if the indicators on this car do virtue signalling? 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

They don't do EV broomsticks then yet? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

They don't do EV broomsticks then yet? 

They probably do a cordless Hoover that would do the job. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Steve_Christian said:

But virtue signalers need to be SEEN there’s no point in futility pretending to save the world if people can’t see that you’re futilely pretending to save the world. So red is a good choice really.

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

what a smug tasteless individual ! 

• Like 2

On 10/31/2023 at 1:22 PM, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Never mind Daffers is saving the world single handedly again blowing £50K of her MHK salary on a nice new virtue signaling EV. In bright red too, so that everyone can clearly see her driving round saving the world on all that gas generated Manx electricity.?……

Mrs Caine is an ex-civil servant presumably in receipt of her pension. She has just received a pay increase as an MHK, now earning £70k plus. So she can afford an expensive EV which many currently trying to make ends meet will never aspire to own, fine.

But in my opinion Mrs Caine has shown poor judgement as an elected representative in permitting the photo and article which flaunts her apparent affluence at a time when many people are struggling. I presume the excitement of picking up a new flashy red car took over but it seems symptomatic of the situation we have with our current politicians who are completely out of touch with the reality on the Island. 

Finally, apart from heading up a team of consultants, officers and paper pushers what has Mrs Caine actually done to address the declared climate emergency - she flies the climate flag by driving an EV which produces more carbon than a petrol car in its manufacture and uses electric produced from gas. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

seems they've seen sense at last - very watered down regulations on new build requiring non-fossil fuel systems from 2025. new extensions etc now confirmed as not being part of the ban. reading between the lines, there's no real way of policing it in the short-term at least. 

https://www.tynwald.org.im/spfile?file=/business/opqp/sittings/20212026/2023-SD-0306-memo.pdf