More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

45 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

She’ll have resigned by Xmas. No need for sackings. I think it’s safe to say from the general feedback on the Mannin Line today that nobody likes Claire Wells or wants to see her stay in the role of council leader. 

Can't see her resigning any time soon.  Far too arrogant and loves the control and power she believes she has!  Nasty piece of work!

• Like 3

A great report from the BBC where a relative of the Chief Executive masquerades as a member of the public supporting the changes to the BBC. Just for those not convinced it wasn’t all a cynical fix. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-63957490

DBC structure chart 

http://www.douglas.gov.im/index.php/jobs/item/download/542_861bb29e498a750e25c038e4952ded0e

Edited by Reportage
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Reportage said:

A great report from the BBC where a relative of the Chief Executive masquerades as a member of the public supporting the changes. Just for those not convinced it was all a complete fix. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-63957490

DBC structure chart 

http://www.douglas.gov.im/index.php/jobs/item/download/542_861bb29e498a750e25c038e4952ded0e

That chart is at least five years old !!

4 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

JUst tried clicking on the download link but it's failed..... has it been taken down?

Works fine but as some have said out of date & not sure what that idiot reportage is going on about people masquerading as residents is as absolutely no mention in bbc article 

One of the utterances this hard sounding woman made in the Manx Radio news report this morning was something like "We (DBC) always like to respond to positive ideas that are for the benefit of the residents of Douglas"

Made without any explanation of just how this IS beneficial. AND confirmed that they WILL NOT change their minds.

Just who's best interests do they really work for. Certainly NOT Douglas ratepayers.

What a bunch of absolute amateurs.

Quick.....the seaweed's come back......unexpectedly.

Don't ya just hate tides!!

Edited by Sentience
Irony
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Reportage said:

Diddy Devon pipes up. Anymore on the payroll wanting to come forward to try to pretend that it wasn’t a total farce where Claire Wells got her ass kicked round the room at least 6 times. 

wow dude you're well unhinged. have a biscuit or sex or soemthing. let the tension go. relax. 

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Sentience said:

One of the utterances this hard sounding woman made in the Manx Radio news report this morning was something like "We (DBC) always like to respond to positive ideas that are for the benefit of the residents of Douglas"

Made without any explanation of just how this IS beneficial. AND confirmed that they WILL NOT change their minds.

Just who's best interests do they really work for. Certainly NOT Douglas ratepayers.

What a bunch of absolute amateurs.

Quick.....the seaweed's come back......unexpectedly.

Don't ya just hate tides!!

Actually, they are working in the interests of a significant majority of DBC ratepayers. I may not have a huge circle of friends in Douglas, but everyone I speak to is supportive - even those whose political persuasion would have led me to suspect otherwise.

Suck it up buttercups, DBC is actually in tune with most of its residents. And realize that no matter what they do, haters gonna hate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tailless said:

Actually, they are working in the interests of a significant majority of DBC ratepayers. I may not have a huge circle of friends in Douglas, but everyone I speak to is supportive - even those whose political persuasion would have led me to suspect otherwise.

Suck it up buttercups, DBC is actually in tune with most of its residents. And realize that no matter what they do, haters gonna hate.

I merely offered a personal opinion of a bunch of people who's only consistency is getting things badly wrong .

Your response leads me to believe you need to sit down.....quietly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

You sound just like Claire Wells in those videos. 

I've not played any of the videos and have no intention of wasting time doing so, but perhaps she's representative of most of the residents of Douglas. And no, I do not nor have ever worked for DBC or any government department. I, like most here, are also a retired geezer, but one who tries not to be a miserable git wherever possible. Life is too short and for all its troubles and foibles, there's nowhere else I'd rather be.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It looked fairly clear to me. The bloke supporting the changes in the BBC interview and the CEO of the council have the same surname. Are they married or otherwise closely related? That would be quite embarrassing if so surely? 

Correct interpretation the only person who showed public support at the meeting and who then made a point of making supportive comments to the BBC on camera afterwards is related to the CEO of Douglas Corporation. A complete ringer dropped into the audience. He also kicked off massively at one person in the audience who dared to express dissatisfaction with the council leader and told them to pipe down. He was visibly furious that DBC was not getting its own way. 

Edited by Reportage
  • Thanks 2