More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

9 hours ago, Ghost Ship said:

No.  I may be wrong but I'd have sworn I learned the term growing up on the IoM, long before I left.

(Checking on Wikipedia I see it might have its origin in Old Norse and perhaps not in the usual association with "cack".  On Wiki it's included in part of a series on "Discrimination".  In this case discrimination against the left-handed.  I'd better stop using it.  There might be some left-handed people at DBC who think I'm abusing them...    Bias against left-handed people - Wikipedia)

I always thought it was of Irish/Gaelic origin. Perhaps that was down to an old Irish gentleman who used to live next door to us and who used the word quite frequently.

12 hours ago, Viddy well said:

Recycling seems to be an intuitive response to climate change, and on paper it is, but in reality it isn't. Is it? Thirty years of Green awareness has still resulted in Humpback whales chomping down on six-pack ring-pulls.

Yes, humpback whales are still chomping down on six-pack ring-pulls because some people still insist on not responsibly recycling/disposing of their rubbish because, "muh freedoms". "Where I toss my empty six-pack and related detritus is no one's business but my own." ...ad nauseam.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Gizo said:

about 15,000 haven't. And where's the proof that the 1000 are Douglas rate payers and have legitimate grievance.

Facebook politics at its worse/best!!

there ought to be a facebook group where people that are happy with the 2 week collection system sign a petition,  it is always assumed that no vote against = a vote for and  vice versa .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alternative weekly collections is correct, the way it is being delivered is extraordinarily poor (at best) - the recycling bins are inadequate, people have not been ‘trained’ in recycling and let’s be honest, no one has any time for the clowns trying to implement the scheme. (Except for Frank and the other forum mod…they are alright 😂)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1