IOM Energy AKA Manx Gas

Major Rushen

Only have DD for electricity. I'm not interested in them sitting on my money. I prefer to be a bit behind all the time and lob them in an extra payment now and then to put us just a little in front. I have only changed the monthly DD amount by a tenner in about 15 years so obviously the additional payments have gone up a bit in amount and shorter intervals in between.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

It’s just a simple budgeting tool. I don’t trust them not to take too much by variable DD and I’m often away when a bill arrives. I do the same with electric.

Makes sense then.. I didn't think of the possibility of them taking far more than needed by DD.

9 hours ago, mad_manx said:

Makes sense then.. I didn't think of the possibility of them taking far more than needed by DD.

There have been horror stories, fully reported. Only 6 months ago one elderly lady had £70k+ taken by MG

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2023 at 10:04 PM, Non-Believer said:

For the third billing period in succession, IEG have failed to acknowledge my receipted payment of the previous amount and have added it on to the new invoice.

I will once again simply pay the correct amount on the new invoice at the PO counter and ensure that I have a receipt. If it's queried by IEG I will then wave said receipt in their faces and tell them to fuck off, seeing as our Govt don't have the balls to do it.

I wonder how many people are not realising this and are effectively stumping up twice by paying the full indicated demand though?

Well, it's finally arrived, an IEG invoice wanting payment for all the bills that I've already paid and that they failed to previously acknowledge, almost a year's-worth. If they did this to some innocent, forgetful or nervous old dear there's a good chance she'd end up paying twice. I shall do absolutely nothing until they threaten legals.

They have to be the most incompetent and grasping collection of cock-noshers on the face of the planet.

But Govt says it's fine, nothing to see here, 🤷‍♂️ eh Stu?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Well, it's finally arrived, an IEG invoice wanting payment for all the bills that I've already paid and that they failed to previously acknowledge, almost a year's-worth. If they did this to some innocent, forgetful or nervous old dear there's a good chance she'd end up paying twice. I shall do absolutely nothing until they threaten legals.

They have to be the most incompetent and grasping collection of cock-noshers on the face of the planet.

Send the lot to your MHK.

6 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Quality comment 🙂 

2 hours ago, Major Rushen said:

Send the lot to your MHK.

I intend to waste neither the postage nor the data, they've already washed their hands of the matter with the recent inquiry findings.

If it's dogshit, train whistles, seagulls or local social housing matters they'll be straight in there but a large, grasping monopoly with financial issues affecting the whole island is too big a rodent for our complacent pussies to be interested in tackling.

Especially when it's so closely tied into their own MEA/gas shitstorm, IMHO.

Edited by Non-Believer
typo
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I shall do absolutely nothing until they threaten legals.

one for JW lawyer at large,  where do people stand legally if they ignore everything until they turn up in court after being summoned and then produce bank statements showing they have paid ??  are they liable for any expenses the gas people have incurred and instigated as they should never have been persecuted/prosecuted in the first place ? is there any legal onus on them to prove things before court ?

Edited by WTF

24 minutes ago, WTF said:

one for JW lawyer at large,  where do people stand legally if they ignore everything until they turn up in court after being summoned and then produce bank statements showing they have paid ??  are they liable for any expenses the gas people have incurred and instigated as they should never have been persecuted/prosecuted in the first place ? is there any legal onus on them to prove things before court ?

Well, it’s going to b a small claim, no costs, you have to put in a written defence or you’ll just get a default judgment against you, administratively.

Once you’ve defended the court will fix a review, order both sides to serve evidence and witness statements. Then fix a hearing date.

They have to prove their case, by producing the readings and bills. 

If they still carried on and lost then you would be entitled to reasonable out of pocket expenses, even a bit for your time if their defence was unreasonable or frivolous. 

It’s more difficult if you’re challenging the meter readings. The meter is deemed to be accurately calibrated under the legislation unless you’ve asked for, and paid for, calibration. I’m simplifying.  Calibration is expensive.

I wouldn’t advise disengaging. Always respond, to all communications, simply, shortly, setting out your defence, politely. Not doing so may put you on the wrong side of the Deemsters discretion on expenses, etc. because you haven’t behaved reasonably.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ADELE said:

My friend did the same immediate action she still had the gas taken out now  happy on oil.

Me too.  Although l had mine capped off several years ago. Recently they contacted me saying that the gas supply to meter was  corroded and could they remove meter? I was surprised by this request as previously l was assured it had capped off at the road, obviously not. It has now! Hopefully!