Armed police dealing with incident around Railway Station, North Quay roads closed

ADELE

Word reaches me that the police stormtroopers went all guns blazing recently looking for an arsenal of weapons on a remote(ish) farm. Arrested the occupants, 10 to 12 stormtroopers going in smashing down the front doors. Heavy machinery was sent in digging up the farm. 
and guess what they found fuck all. Fuck all. 
where the fuck do these cunts get off. All police are utter cunts. 

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

Word reaches me that the police stormtroopers went all guns blazing recently looking for an arsenal of weapons on a remote(ish) farm. Arrested the occupants, 10 to 12 stormtroopers going in smashing down the front doors. Heavy machinery was sent in digging up the farm. 

Who supplied the “word”?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gizo said:

Well they would have had to convince a magistrate first.

Then a strategic firearms commander for a planned operation. They would have also set tactical parameters and agreed the plan as necessary and proportionate.

What you describe is a tad sensationalist.

19 hours ago, Omobono said:

don't the police still have to keep an incident book these days  that is open to media and others to scrutinise ?

They never did. And today you couldn't do it due to privacy. Too easy to identify victims or offenders 

3 hours ago, Bombay Bad Boy said:

Viz top tips: want your field ploughed for free? 😁

That depends on another Viz thing, Rogers Profanisaurus 

Only If the field is wetter than an "Otters Pocket" *

* Quoted from Carol the Breakfast weather woman on BBC Breakfast

Edited by Blade Runner

23 hours ago, Omobono said:

so technically they are answerable to no one only themselves , even deal with their own complaints procedure 

No. Not even technically.

All crime and calls for service are recorded. This is then broken down in the Annual Report which is a public document and debated in Tynwald.

The detail of a lot of that is understandably sensitive.

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/police-arrest-man-in-peel-following-knife-incident-645478

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this incident yet today. It all kicked off right when people were trying to go home from work.

Quite a few armed cops running around the estate for well over an hour yesterday evening. The K9 unit was also in attendance (with a very handsome alsatian). 

Crazy times. 

2 hours ago, Zarley said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this incident yet today.

Because it’s Peel so few probably care or think it’s abnormal behaviour .. for Peel. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Because it’s Peel so few probably care or think it’s abnormal behaviour .. for Peel. 

I've lived in Peel for 32 years and there has never been an armed police response to anything like this before. It's the armed response that I find newsworthy more so than some troubled kid screwing up.

And before you say it, the QEII bomb threat was a totally different situation and from what I understand, the threat wasn't even made by a Peel resident.