Tim is back at DOI !!

Banker

36 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Anyone else but Ashford. His first job would be to order some new shredding machines. 

2nd job ordering chewing gum removal machines

3rd job -removing all garlic from the canteen

4th job - changing working hours to hours of darkness only

5th job - a point-by-point rebuttal generator machine.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I thought 'Tim Nice But Dim' was a comedy character...until I met Tim Crookhall...

2pkx0r.jpg

The circus continues unabated.  Hard to rationalise how poor Comin is.  Tim is dafter than Daffy Duck and the circus is being led by Coco the Clown.  Desperate times.  DOI be content though.

22 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

2nd job ordering chewing gum removal machines

3rd job -removing all garlic from the canteen

4th job - changing working hours to hours of darkness only

5th job - a point-by-point rebuttal generator machine.

6th job - the dulling of any pointy pieces of wood.

7th job - sell the Govt silver. 

8th job - remove all crucifixes from Govt offices. 

Actually out of interest, where did the least entertaining member of the Adams Family stand on the whole Bish and Prayers in Tynwald? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PeachTea said:

More than likely it is 🙂

I do not have a great opinion of the people at the top and I wouldn’t put it past them to offer them some form incentive to return. 

You’re seriously suggesting that money would be taken from the public purse to bribe an MHK into taking a ministerial post by paying for them and their entire family to have a holiday in the Bahamas?

Lolz. 

ETA. Tim Crookall asked for the DOI post last time and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he asked for it this time either. We have no idea why he resigned. It could have been for a variety of reasons. For all the jokes being made against him I would say that I’ve found him to be extremely hard working, honest to a fault and he doesn’t baulk at a challenge. Let’s see how things pan out this time round for him and for us with regard to this appointment. I’d far rather him in post than any of the others tbh. 

Edited by Roxanne
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

You’re seriously suggesting that money would be taken from the public purse to bribe an MHK into taking a ministerial post by paying for them and their entire family to have a holiday in the Bahamas?

Lolz. 

Fact finding mission to see how a similar small country is run and manages to attract lots of Tourists.

The outcome of which, will be we need to be warmer and there will be a raft of measures to actually increase our carbon output to this end.  Or a consultation with a series of experts and consultant including input from Prof Ashford towards the viability of towing the Island 2000 miles farther south. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Lolz. 

I wouldn’t say it was an entirely serious suggestion ( it was half in jest ) . 

23 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Lolz. 

ETA. Tim Crookall asked for the DOI post last time and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he asked for it this time either. We have no idea why he resigned. It could have been for a variety of reasons. For all the jokes being made against him I would say that I’ve found him to be extremely hard working, honest to a fault and he doesn’t baulk at a challenge. Let’s see how things pan out this time round for him and for us with regard to this appointment. I’d far rather him in post than any of the others tbh. 

Honest to a fault you say?

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/politics/crookall-said-no-bus-services-had-been-cancelled-over-tt-in-fact-177-had-been-556384