Castletown Toilets...

La Colombe

29 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

ALL day? Oh balls.

Is there decent coffee to be had indoors?

It has to be today. One of us (not me) is giving birth any day now and we may never have another chance until it goes to school.

I'm not really the person to ask about the coffee shops or restaurants. I don't really use them. Coffeecraft seems pretty popular though, and they make their own food rather than costa with its factory toasties. The people who run the tearooms (who make good cakes) are on holiday too, otherwise I might have suggested them.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, asitis said:

A little bit away but food is good and coffee and cakes are great at Castletown Golf Club, if you are driving no problem.

It's not cheap but it's very good !

I'd forgotten all about that place. It's years since I've been down that way. Sounds like a good place to spend a rainy morning. Thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I’m off to Castletown today with friends to experience the ‘square effect’ (sans toilets). Can our southern correspondent @TheTeapotrecommend where we go to get the best digger experience? Looks like we haven’t picked the best day for our road trip. Not sure there will be much deckchair experience. 

I think there are toilets in the cvic centre behind the square.

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

One local authority was criticised for putting a pay mechanism in to prevent vandalism. Can’t remember who it was. Anyone? 

I criticised the decision to make the ones right next to the kids playground on the prom chargeable. You'd have to be a fucking asshole to support it. A child hater, a hater of parents, a hater of fun. It was a horrible disgusting decision taken by total wankers.

Now of course there is no park there cos no one could be bothered getting it replaced because the CITY council do not care at all about children and families so it doesn't matter.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3