Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

33 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

There was loads across the road that held them back a few weeks.

Maybe our misinformed informant is getting confused 

Their offices across the road certainly look old enough to possibly have asbestos.  Are Tesco taking on that building too? 

1 minute ago, Manxman1234 said:

Potentially what’s under it as doing some excavation works, was there not an old holiday camp there which potentially just flattered and build over?

Excavation works. I didn't notice this either. Its possible if they we putting in new services but any asbestos would be limited to the size of the trench. If you find buried asbestos you can leave it buried.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

What I have noticed is the number of "non-manx" workers now appearing in Tesco. I personally also know of two local manx to the max residents who have still not heard back from their applications.

Have seen quite a few from Vic Road in Tesco.  Not sure how you can identify  non-Manx workers, new faces certainly, but I have assumed they have come from other Shoprite stores. 

40 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

What I have noticed is the number of "non-manx" workers now appearing in Tesco. I personally also know of two local manx to the max residents who have still not heard back from their applications.

They thought they could pick up over 100 extra staff easily the reality has been somewhat different!

5 hours ago, manxchester said:

Port Erin Tesco closing on March 16th, Tesco sign up outside Victoria Road site this morning, 8am-10pm opening hours. Hopefully they'll get cracking on the Ramsey store soon.

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/port-erin-shoprite-closes-later-this-month/

Interesting. A friend who works at Port Erin Shoprite told me they close on 23rd.