Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

I do have a gripe with Vic Road. The trolleys all have the cradle for the scanner on the left.  Although this may be a bit leftist, the majority of people are right-handed and it just feels wrong.  Seems an odd  design decision, really. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I do have a gripe with Vic Road. The trolleys all have the cradle for the scanner on the left.  Although this may be a bit leftist, the majority of people are right-handed and it just feels wrong.  Seems an odd  design decision, really. 

catch 22 ,  most people pick off the shelf with their right hand so you'd expect the scanner to be in their left , BUT  the right hand is most peoples trigger finger so you'd expect the scanner there.  simple solution ,  get trolleys with a  loop both sides.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I do have a gripe with Vic Road. The trolleys all have the cradle for the scanner on the left.

"First World" problem, Glad?   Provided you can afford the food?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IOM said:

So you think it’s normal for people to post things like you dumb xxxx or you talk xxxx ?  I rarely see it anywhere but thats what I got posted back - I  appreciate it wasn’t you by the way .  And you think my postings are not based on fact I have demonstrated numerous times ( with specific evidence) about the 5% price increases at Lake Road which have taken place since the Shoprite acquisition . I find it strange you don’t believe what is demonstrably clear but I for one recognise your view of it is very different to mine which is fine . 

Listen here missus, I've had a look back in this thread and cannot find the post where you've been called a dumb fuck, can you find it please..? 

• Confused 2

54 minutes ago, Gladys said:

You might not believe this ,but there is a survey on line about this very issue in UK. 🙄

https://blog.anythinglefthanded.co.uk/hand-held-scanners/

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, quilp said:

Listen here missus, I've had a look back in this thread and cannot find the post where you've been called a dumb fuck, can you find it please..? 

Never mind the confused emoji, prove it!!!!

Put up or shut up... 

Edited by quilp
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, quilp said:

Never mind the confused emoji, prove it!!!!

Put up or shut up... 

Why on earth would I make it up ? Try page 149 a post from @wtf - proved ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Also, there are no racks to put your scanner in at checkout! Layout of store is very strange.

16 minutes ago, IOM said:

Why on earth would I make it up ? Try page 149 a post from @wtf - proved ! 

Ah well, used the wrong search term, so what?

Mercenary your guardian angel is he? 😁

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Yes, on both points. 

I suspect they were a bit restricted on layout not being a purpose built Tesco design. Getting planning permission to make major changes would probably have  taken ages. It does feel different from their usual layouts. Maybe it will become the new "benchmark"

17 minutes ago, emesde said:

I suspect they were a bit restricted on layout not being a purpose built Tesco design. Getting planning permission to make major changes would probably have  taken ages. It does feel different from their usual layouts. Maybe it will become the new "benchmark"

What makes you think they bother with planning permission?

• Haha 1