Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

28 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Hence the sweatshops of the Far East.

Victoria Rd, Douglas e-gaming establishments?

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

No, you were complaining that prices haven't come down.  On your lemonade question, at what point from the originating of the raw materials to you leaving the store with your bottle do you think labour is not involved? 

You are missing the point I agree labour is involved . But in the case of the lemonade the packaging is the single biggest component of cost so if plastics drop by a large percentage then so does the cost of making the product . 

10 minutes ago, IOM said:

You are missing the point I agree labour is involved . But in the case of the lemonade the packaging is the single biggest component of cost so if plastics drop by a large percentage then so does the cost of making the product . 

Evidence?  Not the cost of transportation of raw materials and finished goods, or the labour involved in every stage of the process? 

Just now, Gladys said:

Evidence?  Not the cost of transportation of raw materials and finished goods, or the labour involved in every stage of the process? 

I don’t have to provide the evidence . It’s up to you to believe what you want to . 

Some of you seem to be letting Tesco live in your heads rent free.

It's a fact that Shoprite were ripping off the Great Manx Public... the Waitrose, Sainsburys, Iceland and various other ranges they stocked were being sold at 35 - 40% above RRP of those retailers. That went on for years, but some of you just sucked it up as it was 'shop local/Manx to the Max'. 

Now some of you are complaining at Tesco being a mere 2 - 3% above their UK standard pricing on some items. 

It's really quite funny to see. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

It's a fact that Shoprite were ripping off the Great Manx Public... the Waitrose, Sainsburys, Iceland and various other ranges they stocked were being sold at 35 - 40% above RRP of those retailers. That went on for years, but some of you just sucked it up as it was 'shop local/Manx to the Max'. 

Now some of you are complaining at Tesco being a mere 2 - 3% above their UK standard pricing on some items. 

If only you understood the whole picture. So many of your statements in this one post are simply not true starting with you think I thought Shoprite was great …. because I didn’t ! 

30 minutes ago, IOM said:

If only you understood the whole picture. So many of your statements in this one post are simply not true starting with you think I thought Shoprite was great …. because I didn’t ! 

Oh I understand 'the whole picture' perfectly. 

Nothing in my post was untrue. They're just facts that don't fit your hysterical anti-Tesco rhetoric.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Let’s debunk your post . For a start I can assure you Tesco don’t live rent free in my head I have plenty else to do thankyou ! Secondly how on earth can a business be “ripping people off “ if they are losing money they were having to sell some of those products at higher prices to make any form of margin . Third most items sold from the likes of Sainsbury’s and Iceland were not 35-40% ever . Agreed they would have been about 25% -30% because they were bought through an intermediary adding additional cost . Fourth I never “ sucked it up “ to use your language. Fifth and finally there is a mere 5% on a lot of items excluding Aldi price match and club card offers not 2-3% . Other than those points your post all makes sense 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

In summary it’s really quite funny how you can’t see what’s really going on but as long as you think I am an idiot and you are happy and know the “truth “ that's fine . And to put it as @WTFsays in their usual very helpful and insightful posts NEXT 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, NoTailT said:

1 Litre bottle of Captain Morgan Spiced £19 Tesco Lake Rd and Victoria Rd, £19.95 Shoprite Ramsey and £20 Tesco Express.

That's all that matters folks.

I used to love Captain Morgan's Spiced, but I can't understand why anyone would drink it still now we've got Kraken🙂

1 hour ago, IOM said:

Let’s debunk your post . For a start I can assure you Tesco don’t live rent free in my head I have plenty else to do thankyou ! Secondly how on earth can a business be “ripping people off “ if they are losing money they were having to sell some of those products at higher prices to make any form of margin . Third most items sold from the likes of Sainsbury’s and Iceland were not 35-40% ever . Agreed they would have been about 25% -30% because they were bought through an intermediary adding additional cost . Fourth I never “ sucked it up “ to use your language. Fifth and finally there is a mere 5% on a lot of items excluding Aldi price match and club card offers not 2-3% . Other than those points your post all makes sense 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

In summary it’s really quite funny how you can’t see what’s really going on but as long as you think I am an idiot and you are happy and know the “truth “ that's fine . And to put it as @WTFsays in their usual very helpful and insightful posts NEXT 

Like @Gladys says though. It's done and dusted. They haven't broken any of our laws and such laws cannot be applied retrospectivly so we have to move on. 

If you feel that strongly about Tesco, there are alternatives. Not a great choice of alternatives I agree and I guess that's your gripe. 

It's ain't gonna change anytime soon so we will just have to get used to it. 

• Like 1