Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Just to bring it back to Tesco, their 'finest' loose leaf earl grey tea is shite.

anything that says earl grey on the box is shite, proper shite, how that is ever classed as tea is a joke, it's potpourri

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, WTF said:

anything that says earl grey on the box is shite, proper shite, how that is ever classed as tea is a joke, it's potpourri

Begs the question what the pot pourri smells like in your house...not floral, I'm guessing...

8 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Have you tried Whittards?

Not their Early Grey no. That's out of my price range. I have had some of their other teas though, and if I were rich enough... The marksies 'standard' one is fine, I'll pick some up the next time I'm motivated enough to go to that bit of Douglas. I have plenty of other tea to be drinking, I just fancied a hit of the earl and didn't have any in.

Quite what is 'finest' about that Tesco product claiming to be tea remains a mystery.

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Quite what is 'finest' about that Tesco product claiming to be tea remains a mystery

Same story with their Tesco "Finest" Assam...meek and mild and dishwater-dull.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Oh I liked the distraction. I was pretty sure there was a Robinson's where WHSmith is, but I'd have been small so could have been wrong. I don't think it would have been there by the time I was old enough to go into town on my own.

There was and it was a fair size.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Oh I liked the distraction. I was pretty sure there was a Robinson's where WHSmith is, but I'd have been small so could have been wrong. I don't think it would have been there by the time I was old enough to go into town on my own.

Robinsons was there in the 90s where WH Smith is now.  There is a photo a couple of pages back.

Edit - well, certainly vey late 80s.

Edited by Anthony Ingham

Anyone whose Mom forgot about them and left them outside Woolworths will have plenty of time to look at the Robinsons alongside Woolies !!!😀

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Anyone whose Mom forgot about them and left them outside Woolworths will have plenty of time to look at the Robinsons alongside Woolies !!!😀

438145016_10161951006704283_3611925699579279196_n.jpg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kopek said:

In the days before mobile phones, when people used to arrange a week in advance to meet under the M&S (now boots) clock at a certain time on a Saturday.