TT 2024

Andy Onchan

1 hour ago, Banker said:

And you’ll come out with any old bollox to justify your miserable views!

I’d say watching someone’s head rolling down Bray hill is miserable.  You obviously get joy out of it. 

You work it out. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

You're alive now aren't you? Although you'd barely know it. 

You're more likely to be killed by a blow to the head from a block of frozen shit falling from an aeroplane than you are by the TT.

Ahh the TT fan's creative grasp of probability! Spring must be around the corner.

15 hours ago, Omobono said:

the road has collapsed altogether in high street Port st mary !

I believe it's in danger of collapsing, but hasn't yet.  It's not even closed.  

2 hours ago, Declan said:

Ahh the TT fan's creative grasp of probability! Spring must be around the corner.

Nothing creative about it, you've got pretty much zero chance of being killed by the TT unless you are a willing participant. It would be completely impossible to be so without being aware of the risks involved.

I was simply pointing out that whinging TT hating dullard like Gizo is statistically more likely to be killed by a donkey than one of the most venerable sporting events on the planet.

That may not suit the rhetoric, but it is true.

12 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

You're alive now aren't you? Although you'd barely know it. 

You're more likely to be killed by a blow to the head from a block of frozen shit falling from an aeroplane than you are by the TT.

Well as no one ever appears to have been killed by falling faecal matter: 

https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/news/its-a-bird-its-a-plane-no-its-poop/

(perhaps not best read over lunch)

that would mean that no one was ever killed by the TT.  Which doesn't really tie in with the truth.

(Not sure about people being killed by donkeys falling from planes though.  Maybe the opportunity is there to turn that into a "venerable sporting event").

Edited by Roger Mexico
Typo

1 minute ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Nothing creative about it, you've got pretty much zero chance of being killed by the TT unless you are a willing participant. It would be completely impossible to be so without being aware of the risks involved.

I was simply pointing out that whinging TT hating dullard like Gizo is statistically more likely to be killed by a donkey than one of the most venerable sporting events on the planet.

That may not suit the rhetoric, but it is true.

You didn't mention a donkey. 

You said "You're more likely to be killed by a blow to the head from a block of frozen shit falling from an aeroplane than you are by the TT."

Many more people are killed by donkeys than by falling effluent.  In fact I can't find any. 

SO Gizo going about his everyday life in the Isle of Man has an infinitesimal chance of being killed that way. 

Quite a few people on the Isle of Man have been "killed by TT" - mainly competitors I grant you, but spectators have died in accidents around the course, also people have also died after visitors have collided with them. In fact I'd suggest Gizo is more likely to die due to a dodgy TT Burger than falling effluent or a killer donkey.

4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

that would mean that no one was ever killed by the TT. 

No it wouldn't. It really is simple logic, Gizo as a dull, risk averse keyboard warrior has literally no chance of being killed by the TT.

The only people who are are those who accept the risks. For example, I personally wouldn't accept the risk of riding in it (quite aside from not having the talent). I do however accept the risk of watching it. Could I b killed? Absolutely, I wouldn't be the first, but I accept that risk, along with many others.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I do however accept the risk of watching it. Could I b killed? Absolutely, I wouldn't be the first, but I accept that risk, along with many others.

Statistically, you'd have more chance of being killed driving to watch the TT, than standing by the side of the course watching it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Declan said:

You didn't mention a donkey. 

You said "You're more likely to be killed by a blow to the head from a block of frozen shit falling from an aeroplane than you are by the TT."

Many more people are killed by donkeys than by falling effluent.  In fact I can't find any. 

SO Gizo going about his everyday life in the Isle of Man has an infinitesimal chance of being killed that way. 

Quite a few people on the Isle of Man have been "killed by TT" - mainly competitors I grant you, but spectators have died in accidents around the course, also people have also died after visitors have collided with them. In fact I'd suggest Gizo is more likely to die due to a dodgy TT Burger than falling effluent or a killer donkey.

I would have thought it's obvious from Gizo's frothy mouthed posts that he's neither a competitor nor a spectator of the TT. 

People die in road accidents yes, it's extremely unlikely though, I can think of two locals in my lifetime (50 yrs+) who have been innocently killed in vans during the TT, both were decades ago, when policing was far more lax, one was on the two way mountain, one was in an area which is now speed restricted 

• Like 1