TT 2024

Andy Onchan

57 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

FB post from local photographic concern, Northline Photography...

Screenshot_20240323-112551_Facebook.jpg

Usual old man moaning bollox, most would assume that 'pro' photographers were already insured and would have no issue demonstrating awareness of the risks before placing themselves in high risk situations around the course, if this was not the case before then it does show what a shambles the TT organisation is.

• Like 1

This is from another photographer on FB. 

Did you know if you buy a ticket to watch the TT this year, the Govt will OWN ANY footage you record during the whole two weeks, no matter where it is taken if it relates to the TT??
That's what the terms & conditions state, and why I CANNOT apply for a media pass at the TT or even buy a ticket to watch it -
"In addition, the Isle of Man Government Department for Enterprise owns the rights to any and all footage of, or relating to, the 2024 Isle of Man TT Races captured by persons assigned or in possession of any pass or ticket valid for the 2024 event, irrespective of whether the footage is captured from within an area requiring pass or ticket to access or not."
So, if I made ANY recording, ANYWHERE which relates to the TT then the IoM Government immediately holds ALL rights to that footage. Not just in "restricted areas" but ANYWHERE - so not only on track but literally anywhere, doesn't even have to be of the bikes, but anything relating to the TT
But not just Accredited media who sign up for a pass, if a member of the public buys ONE ticket they OWN the rights to ANY footage during the event, taken ANYWHERE. And I'm guessing they will have the same clause in the paddock passes for riders & their teams.
So, if a family records a video on their phone of a family member who's competing the the races, even just relaxing, they won't own the rights to that footage. In theory the Govt could charge them a fee to share it family & friends or post on social media.
Rob Callister perhaps yourself and Tim Johnston would like to tell me that this isn't in any way connected to the fiasco last year which I foolishly agreed not to take legal action over?
Considering I was informed that the aim is to protect the "brand" of the TT all this does is ensure fewer people will apply for accreditation and you lose control of the "brand", instead of working with people and finding ways to build closer ties to promote the "brand" more widely.

1 hour ago, Zulu said:

This is from another photographer on FB. 

Did you know if you buy a ticket to watch the TT this year, the Govt will OWN ANY footage you record during the whole two weeks, no matter where it is taken if it relates to the TT??
That's what the terms & conditions state, and why I CANNOT apply for a media pass at the TT or even buy a ticket to watch it -
"In addition, the Isle of Man Government Department for Enterprise owns the rights to any and all footage of, or relating to, the 2024 Isle of Man TT Races captured by persons assigned or in possession of any pass or ticket valid for the 2024 event, irrespective of whether the footage is captured from within an area requiring pass or ticket to access or not."
So, if I made ANY recording, ANYWHERE which relates to the TT then the IoM Government immediately holds ALL rights to that footage. Not just in "restricted areas" but ANYWHERE - so not only on track but literally anywhere, doesn't even have to be of the bikes, but anything relating to the TT
But not just Accredited media who sign up for a pass, if a member of the public buys ONE ticket they OWN the rights to ANY footage during the event, taken ANYWHERE. And I'm guessing they will have the same clause in the paddock passes for riders & their teams.
So, if a family records a video on their phone of a family member who's competing the the races, even just relaxing, they won't own the rights to that footage. In theory the Govt could charge them a fee to share it family & friends or post on social media.
Rob Callister perhaps yourself and Tim Johnston would like to tell me that this isn't in any way connected to the fiasco last year which I foolishly agreed not to take legal action over?
Considering I was informed that the aim is to protect the "brand" of the TT all this does is ensure fewer people will apply for accreditation and you lose control of the "brand", instead of working with people and finding ways to build closer ties to promote the "brand" more widely.

Isn't this standard to all sports. It only a. Issue if they claim the rights.... Which they hardly ever do. 

• Like 1

It might have something to do with the fact that everyone has a mobile device these days that can capture and post footage on social media. This is ok when it’s just bikes passing but the organisers will wish to claim rights to any footage depicting serious incidents and fatalities, mostly so it can be restricted or taken down. Sooner or later such footage will make it onto social media and when it does, it will soon go viral. In my opinion, video or pictures of fatalities will signal the end of the TT as an event the Island authorities will wish to be associated with. It’s an attempt to prevent or delay that happening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, joebean said:

It might have something to do with the fact that everyone has a mobile device these days that can capture and post footage on social media. This is ok when it’s just bikes passing but the organisers will wish to claim rights to any footage depicting serious incidents and fatalities, mostly so it can be restricted or taken down. Sooner or later such footage will make it onto social media and when it does, it will soon go viral. In my opinion, video or pictures of fatalities will signal the end of the TT as an event the Island authorities will wish to be associated with. It’s an attempt to prevent or delay that happening. 

Videos of decapacitations will hopefully end the TT - Coroner reports of "Died of Head Injury" do not tell the full story as I am sure Derek Flint will confirm. - He cant un-see what he has seen.

The video of some poor bloke being killed when hitting the Raven Pub in Ballaugh gable end at speed when their throttle stuck open over the bridge is still out there on YouTube but it is not very graphic,  as in, his neck was obviously snapped but his head stayed attached.

When something like a headless corpse flying into a load of spectators goes Viral, it is time to concentrate on Spuds and Herring again - oh and addictive gambling as a way to survive on Fraggy island.

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Isn't this standard to all sports. It only a. Issue if they claim the rights.... Which they hardly ever do. 

Trying that line on an event on the road on a small island is a piss take and just shows the complete lack of commercial sense of the people who are trying to justify their jobs to keep the death race going.

"Which they hardly ever do. "

That is the problem though, hardly does not mean they wont,

I saw the big accident on Bray hill  - LIVE  -- on an unofficial feed from a CCTV  feed about where the big sidecar crashes were a couple of years ago.

The BIG crash, when the bike slid down Bray Hill and then  went into the crowd and broke legs/ feet and caused life changing injury's

I was in A & E  a few days later and had nurses telling me the "TT people" were in RESUS  offering big money to the injured to shut up - Or in legal talk  -- agree an early settlement of undisclosed £sums with a NDA attached..

Since then they have really clamped down on non gov TT feeds as they don't want the gory details being out there.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

I was in A & E  a few days later and had nurses telling me the "TT people" were in RESUS  offering big money to the injured to shut up - Or in legal talk  -- agree an early settlement of undisclosed £sums with a NDA attached..

You talk 100% bollox. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, finlo said:

You can bet your bottom dollar that it involves giving money to our useless lot!

Are there any updates on the recovery of what must be over £225k outstanding monies from Cube over last year's merchandise debacle yet?

Govt compensated local retail creditors to a certain degree but there was interest being raised on what Cube owed.

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

The video of some poor bloke being killed when hitting the Raven Pub in Ballaugh gable end at speed when their throttle stuck open over the bridge is still out there on YouTube but it is not very graphic,  as in, his neck was obviously snapped but his head stayed attached.

I've seen plenty of horrible stuff on the internet over the years but the first time I saw that video, oof that had an effect. It's plenty graphic in it's way, it's just so final. 

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I've seen plenty of horrible stuff on the internet over the years but the first time I saw that video, oof that had an effect. It's plenty graphic in it's way, it's just so final. 

The way Eddie from the Sulby glen casually saunters over to him is pretty surreal!

Trying that line on an event on the road on a small island is a piss take and just shows the complete lack of commercial sense of the people who are trying to justify their jobs to keep the death race going.

"Which they hardly ever do. "

That is the problem though, hardly does not mean they wont,

I saw the big accident on Bray hill  - LIVE  -- on an unofficial feed from a CCTV  feed about where the big sidecar crashes were a couple of years ago.

The BIG crash, when the bike slid down Bray Hill and then  went into the crowd and broke legs/ feet and caused life changing injury's

Since then they have really clamped down on non gov TT feeds as they don't want the gory details being out there.

Why would nurses be telling you anything, you balloon knot 

• Haha 1

the "TT people" were in RESUS  offering big money to the injured to shut up - Or in legal talk  -- agree an early settlement of undisclosed £sums with a NDA attached..

That never happened. 100% bull. If we are going to talk about the negative sides of the TT let’s at least not make stuff up. 

• Like 2