Commissioner's accounts

Two-lane

The annual accounts for Ramsey Commissioners for the year ending March 2023 have not been published.

On 28 April 2024 I spoke to the Town Clerk who told me that the accounts were not yet signed off by the auditor.

Yesterday I contacted him again, and got the same response.

What is the deal with Commissioner's accounts - is a time period of over a year typical for signing off the accounts?

23 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

The annual accounts for Ramsey Commissioners for the year ending March 2023 have not been published.

On 28 April 2024 I spoke to the Town Clerk who told me that the accounts were not yet signed off by the auditor.

Yesterday I contacted him again, and got the same response.

What is the deal with Commissioner's accounts - is a time period of over a year typical for signing off the accounts?

That's clever stuff. DeLorean maybe?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Speaking as a Ramsey payer of Rates, personally I take anything produced from within the gilded chambers of Ramsey Town Hall with a very large pinch of salt. That includes diminished claims in respect of expenses and salaries.

If Ms Lamara Craine really wants to make a credible name for herself as a Commissioner for the ratepayers, she should press for an RTC Establishment Committee investigation into the staffing, jobs for mates and recent job creation to accommodate "awkward personalities" within said town hall 😉

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Did they make them too?

Bleedin' 'ell, Glad. Is that it? I was expecting you to quote chapter, verse, and paragraph, you being licenced 'n all.

I can see I will have to go elsewhere for the vérité.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Speaking as a Ramsey payer of Rates, personally I take anything produced from within the gilded chambers of Ramsey Town Hall with a very large pinch of salt. That includes diminished claims in respect of expenses and salaries.

If Ms Lamara Craine really wants to make a credible name for herself as a Commissioner for the ratepayers, she should press for an RTC Establishment Committee investigation into the staffing, jobs for mates and recent job creation to accommodate "awkward personalities" within said town hall 😉

Are RTC competing with ODC as to who are the most incompetent, or who can excel in creating bad publicity?

Is the Tynwald Auditor General involved in this.?

I got a polite reply from the Town Clerk ( / Chief Executive), but it included the phrase:

"Like you I very much look forward to publishing last year's accounts."

That was a surprise because although of course he does not sign the accounts, it implies he does not know what is going on with the problems of publishing the accounts.

But still, is over a year standard practice for Commissioners?

11 hours ago, StCatherine said:

The finger points back to the Tynwald Auditor General. It’s not just a Ramsey Issue.

He doesn’t audit IoMG or local authority accounts, does he?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John Wright said:

He doesn’t audit IoMG or local authority accounts, does he?

According to the Job Pack:

Tynwald Auditor General Job Pack v2.pdf

It says: Within this role you will be responsible for the audit of all Isle of Man Government Departments, Boards and Offices

But then adds:

The general purpose of the Office is to provide Tynwald with independent assurance that the public finances of the Isle of Man are being regulated, controlled, supervised and accounted for appropriately.

So it's arguable that local authorities would also be included.