Not a lot of rubbish

Amadeus

Why on earth would any household need to dispose of 100kg of waste a week?

I reckon it would take me at least 10 - 15 weeks to accumulate 100kg of "waste".  100kg a month seems more than reasonable.

I note the press release quoted by Roger says "Householders who visit the site regularly to deposit recycling, hedge trimmings, grass cuttings and the like from their day to day living should not be affected by the change" 

What's the problem?

Turbines have been fucked for years, this is from a former maintainaence engineer, I know I know pie chart tells a different story. Do you believe every thing government prints/puts online. Also turbines built before rest of plant was constructed around them, so to replace very difficult without removing building.

21 hours ago, Moghrey Mie said:

£25.7m then

What happens in 2029 when the current agreement is up, who knows (presumably conversations have started).

22 hours ago, Moghrey Mie said:

Taking stuff for re-use and recycling avoids it becoming 'rubbish'. 

I agree, but last time I was there, very little was allowed to be removed. The southern site workers must have great eBay accounts! 

• Haha 1

I’ve seen several large vans with loads of obviously work rubbish from house renovations being unloaded by people who are not the house owner at Douglas site not being questioned by staff who they obviously know!!

3 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Turbines have been fucked for years, this is from a former maintainaence engineer, I know I know pie chart tells a different story. Do you believe every thing government prints/puts online. Also turbines built before rest of plant was constructed around them, so to replace very difficult without removing building.

You are talking out of your dirty buggane. Firstly there is only 1 turbine at the EfW. Secondly the steam turbine is relatively small. Thirdly the turbine hall is serviced by a 10 tonne overhead crane. No part of the steam turbine weighs more than 10 tonnes. The heaviest component is the generator, and this has been craned out and shipped away for routine overhaul on at least 2 occasions.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Proof, never heard nor seen of the turbine being shipped for overhaul as it would be usual in the insular world of the isle of man. In so much much as the turbine/generator will be out of use for yada yada due to maintainance ?. 

It does happen because in the past there have been longish periods when the plant hasn't generated any electricity and reason given was that the turbine had been shipped off for maintenance.