Lady Bishop of Sodor & Mann

• John Wright changed the title to Lady Bishop of Sodor & Mann

Hopefully she will wind up Hooperman and all the other idiots who froth at the mouth at the mere thought of a Bishop, especially one sitting within Tynwald vote or no vote. Expect lots of noise on Facebook by the usual suspects. 

Either way, it’s a good appointment and has been thought through. Incidentally she is currently chaplain to the Speaker of the House of Commons, Sir Lindsey Hoyle who is a friend of the island. Perhaps with this LB, she has political connections and contacts which the island badly needs. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

I wish I'd put money on it. I had a feeling it would be a woman this time.

are we sure ?  they may identify as a sugar mouse

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

How can she identify as someone that should have had a vote ?   What a strange remark.

Kids in ballakermeen identify as cats. Apparently anyone can identify an anything now. But I guess the joke was lost on you. Perhaps you identify as someone with no sense of humour? 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

'Checkmate Mr Hooper I believe'

Not sure about checkmate, more like Pawn to King 4, but for sure it puts a different dimension to the take the Bishops vote away situation.

She looks ideally suited, with her background close to politics. She'll hopefully come with a few good contacts. 

She's also been a regular visitor to the Island, and is looking forward to the move.

And by the way, Phantom, she has a male husband.

Good luck to her.

26 minutes ago, Steve_Christian said:

Kids in ballakermeen identify as cats. Apparently anyone can identify an anything now. But I guess the joke was lost on you. Perhaps you identify as someone with no sense of humour? 

We've got a bunch of clowns who identify as a Government, so anything is possible. 

• Haha 5