The Lanky

Gladys

Not exactly news, but does anyone know the story with the big houses built on the plot of the old Lanky Hotel on the Castletown road?  Big properties that look finished, no gardens that can be seen from the road, and the site is fenced off.  

Just very strange. 

11 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Not exactly news, but does anyone know the story with the big houses built on the plot of the old Lanky Hotel on the Castletown road?  Big properties that look finished, no gardens that can be seen from the road, and the site is fenced off.  

Just very strange. 

Rumour has it that two brothers have fallen out and won't allow each other to have a habitation certificate. Could be wrong but it's the best I've heard for a while

• Like 1

Just now, Passing Time said:

Rumour has it that two brothers have fallen out and won't allow each other to have a habitation certificate. Could be wrong but it's the best I've heard for a while

Don't know the process, (can one owner deny the other a habitation certificate?) but something like that would make sense.

Shame, as those houses should be being lived in.  Not my cuppa or budget,  but they would appeal to many, you would think. 

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Don't know the process, (can one owner deny the other a habitation certificate?) but something like that would make sense.

Shame, as those houses should be being lived in.  Not my cuppa or budget,  but they would appeal to many, you would think. 

Not sure Gladys, JW may be able to shine a light on that one. The two houses are in a great spot with excellent views but sadly unoccupied...

Maybe they're just waiting for our next influx of HNWs. You know, "Build it and they will come" sort of thing.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

i don't think so regarding appeal , if you are sinking that much money into a house why on earth would you want it on the side of one of the busiest roads with all the traffic noise ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Interesting spelling 'Lanky'. I've seen it also as 'Lancy' and 'Lankie' but I always used 'Lanchy'.

Which is right if any I wonder?

I don't know because I have never had cause to write it before. 

Subject to planning enforcement.  Details on the planning webpage.  One is fine, the other is in the wrong place, or too high and works done to raise the plot and land not included in the site plan so I believe.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1