The Last Film You Saw....

jagman

• 2 weeks later...

Clash of the titans, first film I've watched in 3D.

The films average, bit of an incoherent mess with very good action sequences. Problem is, the 3d renders all those sequences into blurry messes. Most of the screen seems to be out of focus, with just the foreground stuff standing clear. It's also really gloomy looking. Is all 3d this shit?

The films average, bit of an incoherent mess with very good action sequences. Problem is, the 3d renders all those sequences into blurry messes. Most of the screen seems to be out of focus, with just the foreground stuff standing clear. It's also really gloomy looking. Is all 3d this shit?

Nah, Clash of the Titans wasn't filmed for 3D. They 'adapted' it when they saw how successful Avatar is.

That said, I wouldn't say 3D adds a lot to any film, but I wouldn't judge it based on what you saw.

Nah, Clash of the Titans wasn't filmed for 3D. They 'adapted' it when they saw how successful Avatar is.

That said, I wouldn't say 3D adds a lot to any film, but I wouldn't judge it based on what you saw.

Saw Alice in Wonderland 3D a couple of months ago. The 3D looked very obvious and 'in your face' (pun intended). Like all effects it should be subtle, add to the movie and not look like some obvious gimmick. That said AIW is a pretty shit movie and no amount of gimmicks was going to save it. I actually fell asleep for 20 minutes in the middle. 3/10

3D as a technology? As Dara O'Briain said the other night - It didn't work in the 1950's or the 1980's and it's not working now. Personally I won't be going to see another 3D movie and I'll be glad when the fad is over for another 30 years. 1/10

Edited by Mutley

The 3D in that was rubbish. Avatar was much better

MARTYRS - So grim it actually left me feeling a bit odd and I went to bed in a somewhat depressed and slightly shell-shocked mood, it was an immensely well put together film and I certainly 'appreciated' it if you will (there is a message in there), but fuck me it was harsh. The first half is pretty hardcore, then it basically 'ends' after an hour (i.e. the film could easily end there and make sense and be complete), at which point it goes, quite frankly, completely mental - not splatter gore or anything like that, but genuinely psychologically horrific with sustained and brutal torture and violence.

I'll watch it again if I can summon up the stomach for it.

BAISE MOI - Product of its era really, can imagine it being a bit shocking at controversial at the time but nothing amazing now. Real stiffies! Woohoo! Quite nihilistic overall however and still watchable. Annoyingly the current UK DVD is still the original 2002 BBFC cut release, although there are only a few seconds missing (sight of vaginal penetration during a rape and a gun being inserted into a man's anus). I suspect it'd be passed uncut by the BBFC by now but by all accounts it hasn't been resubmitted.

I still have FRONTIERS to watch, might put that on tonight.

'the objective' 7/10 ( when satellites pick up radioactive heat signatures in a remote tribal region of afganistan,a cia agent is sent in with an spec-ops team to investigate the phenomenom ) what x-files movie 2 should have been like.

Lu Chuan's "City of Life & Death".

Story of the Japanese "rape of Nanking". Amazing direction. Harrowing in the extreme.

A

of one of the less harrowing scenes.

remember me....absolutely loved it spesh coz a certain hot man was in it :)

hahah absolutely loved it because

that prick from Twilight dies in the end.

:lol:

It was alright, fair enough twist at the end and Pierce Brosnan was a brilliant Bastard. Cinema was filled with teary eyed teenagers and women in their 50's who should know better.

Watched Law Abiding Citazen last night. Brilliant performances from Gerard Butler and Jamie Foxx. Packed with second guessing characters, ace ways of killing people, Jigsaw would be proud. :) 8/10

Watched Law Abiding Citazen last night. Brilliant performances from Gerard Butler and Jamie Foxx. Packed with second guessing characters, ace ways of killing people, Jigsaw would be proud. :) 8/10

Did you not think the ending was a bit of a let down though? It was the only thing that spoilt it for me.