The Last Film You Saw....

jagman

Also watched Anvil again, came close to tears.... again.

id forgotten about Anvil must get that.

Watched Gomorrah recently gritty real life tale of the Comorra [mafia] in naples and there goings on, its a bit disjointed to start off with but the last hour is good as it unravels the story, again subtitled so not for everyone but if you are a mafia fan its well worth a watch.

7/10

Few recents from me:

WANTED - One of the worst mainstream action films I've ever seen, fuck me they must have been paying Morgan Freeman well to appear in it. Had a nasty edge to it that I really didn't care for, and would require the viewer to have had a full-frontal lobotomy to not find it offensively braindead. Utter shite. 2/10

LAW ABIDING CITIZEN - Bit similar to the above, started off strongly but got more and more stupid the longer it went, by the end I was finding it hard to believe that it was attempting to take itself seriously. 4/10

BLUE VELVET - 'Iconic' film that somehow I've never seen before. Watched it with the missus and my closing comment on the whole affair was 'Utter twaddle, I want those two hours back.' Dennis Hopper is intense, but he's about the only watchable thing in it. (Well, Isabella Rossellini and her baps are too.) 'Surreal masterpiece' my arse, nothing fucking happens! For two hours! 4/10 (3 for Hopper, 1 for the baps).

GRAN TORINO - I liked this, even if it was about as obvious as Dirty Harry's magnum with its message. Clint still kicks ass too. And the girl was cute. 7/10

INSIDE (À l'intérieur) -

Not entirely sure what to say about this one in all honesty, genuinely had me horrified, near tears, and properly on the edge of my seat towards the end.

Crazy bloody Frenchies.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0856288/

£8 from hmv.com which is where I got it from,

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=235052

Still got Frontiers, Martyrs and Baise Moi to watch over the Easter weekend....

Edited by Twonky

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON (Pixar) - Not sure if this will be coming to the Isle of Man, but if it does then it's well worth taking your family to see! A really good storyline, quite funny in places, excellent cartoon animation...worth seeing! :)

Lock stock and two smoking barrels - Cant believe havnt seen this sooner, one of the best movies ive seen in a while, only complaint was the acting was a bit wooden at times, still great story which soon made me forget about the poor acting!

The Hangover - Was sceptical about seeing this as it was billed as the funniest movie ever in some reviews, but alas it did actually live up to the hype and was quite amusing, story was good too, never saw some bits coming, which made it a nice refreshing watch.

The Bank Job - Great movie, and story, never knew anything about it (its a true story) another movie i wuld highly recommend.

Twonky: what did you make of Martyrs after watching Inside?

Frontiers is good but I found martyrs and inside a bit harder-core.

Watched Remember Me at the villa the other night. Not bad, your usual plod along Whicker Park / Vanilla Sky / Requiem For a Dream type alt-fashionable film. It has your man from Twilight in it, Eddie Munsters older hollywood brother.

Bit of an interesting twist right right at the end, which made sure there were a few damp eyes. But I felt with a bit more thought it could've cut the first 40 mins down to 15 or 20 and concentrated on the last 20 ish minutes more.

5/10 all in all.... actually 3/10 I forgot they ruined a perfectly good sigur ros song with a sex scene... no tit 2/10

500 Days of Summer.

This was more enjoyable, though Zooey Dechanel can't really act that well. The kid from 3rd From The Sun was very good in it. No twists, no turns, no last minute shockers, just an easy to watch little use of brain film. Ace soundtrack to it.

Finally saw What Happened in Vegas last night.

This was quite funny and prolonged my enjoyment of Cameron Diaz' face.

Still got Frontiers, Martyrs and Baise Moi to watch over the Easter weekend....

Frontiers is amazing.

Martyrs is more amazing :)

Watched a cracking little film called House of The Devil - 80's style horror but very subtle and nicely made.

Other recent recommended watches...

Shutter Island - loved it - 8/10

Mother - Korean mystery thriller, superbly acted by the 'mother' - 8/10

The Good, The Bad, The Weird - a Korean comedy action western - it shouldn't work but it does, very good 8/10