King Of Mann

Mutley

At the risk of appearing ever so slightly disloyal, I'm quite prepared to support his claim as long as he agrees to my becoming:

1. The 3rd Earl of Lonan

2. Chancellor of the Royal Manx Exchequer with the right to raise arbitrary taxes for unspecified purposes ((Freedom to Flourish)

3. Obtaining rights of Droit de Seigneur, especially ius primae noctis. (Although I'm perfectly prepared to forgo such rights in Peel, Foxdale and Ramsey as they are unlikely to have any value in those areas)

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have sent him the following e.mail (from my anonymous e.mail account). Reckon it'll work?

"Praying the indulgence of Your Majesty

Your bid to be recognised as King of Man has come to my attention. Do you have a Queen? Do you want one? What are the qualifications required? I am half Manx going back generations so should be in the frame, so to speak. I also do not need a work permit which should help in official engagements.

Yours in anticipation.

Gladys"

That was a very eloquent and well thought throught marriage proposal to the king......I however sent him an email informing him that he is a "Fat Prick" and posing the question "Who ate all the pies?" :lol:

I have sent him the following e.mail (from my anonymous e.mail account). Reckon it'll work?

"Praying the indulgence of Your Majesty

Your bid to be recognised as King of Man has come to my attention. Do you have a Queen? Do you want one? What are the qualifications required? I am half Manx going back generations so should be in the frame, so to speak. I also do not need a work permit which should help in official engagements.

Yours in anticipation.

Gladys"

That was a very eloquent and well thought throught marriage proposal to the king......

That's the version she's telling us about. I bet the real one consisted of a picture of herself in figure-hugging leather, holding a whip (the only way to appeal to the aristocracy) and the message: "So....are you up for it, Big Boy?" :P

I cannot believe that this is the work of just 1 man. Maybe a bunch of intarweb goons who take pleasure in rubbing people up the wrong way for a reaction.

Oh and there are many floors in the whole SAS counter terrorism/ninja things which will make the people in the know chuckle.

How long till this makes the local press anyway? I want to see some Tynwald muscle jumping in to defend themselves.

At the risk of appearing ever so slightly disloyal, I'm quite prepared to support his claim as long as he agrees to my becoming:

1. The 3rd Earl of Lonan

2. Chancellor of the Royal Manx Exchequer with the right to raise arbitrary taxes for unspecified purposes ((Freedom to Flourish)

3. Obtaining rights of Droit de Seigneur, especially ius primae noctis. (Although I'm perfectly prepared to forgo such rights in Peel, Foxdale and Ramsey as they are unlikely to have any value in those areas)

When I am Queen, Good Lord Lonan, you may have Droit de Seigneur with my new husband - I wouldn't want to sleep with him!

How long till this makes the local press anyway? I want to see some Tynwald muscle jumping in to defend themselves.

He won't be interviewed on Mandate unless I provide a list of questions, and the order I plan to ask them.

So His Most Excellently Rotund Regal Highness won't be on Mandate.

Isn't the most appropriate way to express confident Manx self-determination just to ignore the pie eater and close the thread?

Then people will have to respond to other threads instead which may actually have a real impact on manx affairs and the real decisions affecting quality of life on the island...!

He won't be interviewed on Mandate unless I provide a list of questions, and the order I plan to ask them.

So His Most Excellently Rotund Regal Highness won't be on Mandate.

Perhaps he'll be doing a Christmas broadcast?

Meanwhile some questions could include:

1. Where's the nearest McDonalds?

2. I've heard of oversize shops - but are there really shops that sell clothes that big?

3. Are you any relation to Lord Bunter?

4. Is it true that you chose the Isle of Man, as we usually tend to have to fly or ship salads in?

5. When was the last time you saw your penis?

6. Are the state of our roads, as said by the DoT, really down to your previous visits to the island?

etc.

Isn't the most appropriate way to express confident Manx self-determination just to ignore the pie eater and close the thread?

Then people will have to respond to other threads instead which may actually have a real impact on manx affairs and the real decisions affecting quality of life on the island...!

This isn't really about self-determination. The guy seems to have a history on the internet as a fantasist - he and his claims are not actually a threat to Manx independence, so posts here are less a reaction against him and more having fun with the sheer mentalism of it all.

Also, can't we do that, and contribute to threads about some real aspect of Manx affairs? It would be a bit grim if the forum was nothing but discussions about the price of bread and the evils of Dandara.

This isn't really about self-determination. The guy seems to have a history on the internet as a fantasist - he and his claims are not actually a threat to Manx independence, so posts here are less a reaction against him and more having fun with the sheer mentalism of it all.

Also, can't we do that, and contribute to threads about some real aspect of Manx affairs? It would be a bit grim if the forum was nothing but discussions about the price of bread and the evils of Dandara.

Hmmm.

Possibly.

Its just that this thread has attracted far more interest than any other recently - glad to read his claims are "not actually a threat to Manx independence" though!!

I just think that at the end of the day all this is a joke at the expense of the Manx - and rather bazaarly we are joining in...

How is the price of bread these days? I didn't realise Dandara is now selling bread... that's alarming...!! (I think we may now be drifting off the original theme of the thread... but then that's probably no bad thing)

Archived