King Of Mann

Mutley

I just think that at the end of the day all this is a joke at the expense of the Manx - and rather bazaarly we are joining in...

From what I can gather it's basically some guy who's watched the Princess Diaries a few too many times and has found some ropey link with the Stanley family in the family tree, leading him to believe he's the King of the Island. Before that he (on one of the newsgroups dedicated to royal lineage) he was claiming he was a descendant of Charlemagne or someone, and before that he was claiming to have super covert ops style military experience and to have a thousand million high qualifications in martial arts (claims which as far as I can see were debunked in newsgroups conversations and on a martial arts community website).

I don't think it's a joke, I think he genuinely believes it, in which case he's just a crank. Like old nutters standing in the street hurling abuse at clouds, cranks are funny!

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually Vinnie you are being kind dismissing him as fantasist. He appears to be selling honours based on his "position"

Noble Titles are the only company

"In The World" able to offer

"Genuine Titles of Nobility Guaranteed"

granted by a reigning European Monarch.

TITLED ARISTOCRACY

FOR YOU, YOUR CHILDREN & YOUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN-

INHERITABLE-FOR EVER & EVER

Titles of Nobility Available:

Prince- £500,000 Prince First name of "The Island"

Duke -£250,000

Marquess -£125,000

LINK

edit: I was talking crap, again.

Yeah, I should have guessed by the fact that he used to advertise a similarly questionable martial arts training service based on his experience fighting terrorism and keeping tokyo safe from Godzilla, or something.

Still, I can't say I'm that bothered about people who buy titles. They're free to waste their money deluding themselves into thinking they can buy their way into the nobility (and that anyone would want to be part of such an antiquated, immoral system of privilege speaks volumes about their character) if that's what they want. We can always stage an October revolution if it goes beyond the pale.

If he is a reigning monarch, when is he going to pass some laws? Isn't that what reigining means? Also, doesn't he have to collect taxes or grant estates in land? All that stuff that makes you a real monarch is kind of absent here.

And as for having a joke at the expense of the Isle of Man; I don't think so, he is running, allegedly, a dubious titles bestowing business.

The real concern for the Island is that he tries to run that business from here; that could have an adverse impact on the Island.

Apart from anything else his claim is very ropey, ignores all sorts of people who have a better claims, but it isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened.

In the 1960's John Drummond came to IOM he made a claim for the title Baron Strange, which was one of the early titles connected with the Derby family

He succeeded, was allowed to take his seat in the House of Lords. Two of his daughters still live here.

When he died he had three daughters, who inherited his incorporeal heriditamenst, the title between them as co parceners and had to choose which one actually got it.

Lady Strange was one of the last hereditary peers to sit

This reminded me that in the late 16th century the same happened, no son, several daughters, and thge courts decided who was the heir to the derby and starnge titles, that appears to be when they separated. So the Courts have alreday decided it ewas the Derbies and then Atholls who sold out to the Crown of England.

He won't be interviewed on Mandate unless I provide a list of questions, and the order I plan to ask them.

So His Most Excellently Rotund Regal Highness won't be on Mandate.

Give him the list. You don't have to stick to it. Hopefully he'll throw a strop, which will not only be entertaining, but may also make the front pages, like when the Queen didn't walk out of that photo shoot.

such historical anomolies are to be found in many places if you look hard enough.

i think he guy is making a bit of t*t of of him self to be honest.

on a TV program not so long ago Tony Robinson uncovered the fact that due a royal birth about 500yrs ago that has now been found to have been as a result of a union on the 'wrong side of the sheets', the present occupants of buckingham palace should move out.

the 'rightful heir' should be an australian farmer and his family.

all it proves is that the facts and foundations that we place our heritage are often flimsier that we think.

Mr Howe has not got a snowballs chance in hell of changing the status quo, even if his interpretation of history is correct.

it was all too long ago to be relevant.

brothers we must unite against the monarchist tyranny!

all together now.......keep the red flag flying....

on reflection chaps, the more i learn from reading your post the more becomes evermore apparent that the heir apparent is just a chancing con artist.

The Island’s flag it has three legs,

Let’s flush the royals down thie vegs

Whilst singing ‘Oh, Land of our Birth'

To add a little touch of mirth,

Why change our Tynwald for a throne

When we’ve enough nuts of our own?

We’d rather stick with Tony Brown’s

Collection of quite useless clowns.

A thought that struck me was that kung fu masters and ex-SAS would keep themselves in fairly good shape I imagine, fitness being one of the more important parts of combat, this loser looks like he would have a heart attack if he rushed his meat and potato pie :lol:

The Island’s flag it has three legs,

Let’s flush the royals down thie vegs

Whilst singing ‘Oh, Land of our Birth'

To add a little touch of mirth,

Why change our Tynwald for a throne

When we’ve enough nuts of our own?

We’d rather stick with Tony Brown’s

Collection of quite useless clowns.

good one lonan!

If he is a reigning monarch, when is he going to pass some laws? Isn't that what reigining means? Also, doesn't he have to collect taxes or grant estates in land? All that stuff that makes you a real monarch is kind of absent here.

And as for having a joke at the expense of the Isle of Man; I don't think so, he is running, allegedly, a dubious titles bestowing business.

The real concern for the Island is that he tries to run that business from here; that could have an adverse impact on the Island.

Thinking more about it, when was he crowned and by whom? Who gave him the trappings of state such as the Royal Seal etc. etc. To claim he is a reigning monarch (regardless of whether he has a rightful claim or not, and there is serious doubt about that, surprise, surprise) is surely a misdescription worthy of some investigation by someone.

(And yes, I am only hacked off because my overtures have been spurned.)

Archived