Flybe - Never Again.

WilDDog

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Put it this way - I have 220km of piste in my back garden, how much do *you* have?

It must be a bugger to cut the grass in the summer or do you have the worlds biggest bit of decking

About 5,000 cows :P

However if you're a lazy cow like me and don't go away with snowboards or skis, I highly recommend Flybe. Flew with them over the Christmas period with no problems or delays, and as they are using the BA terminal at Manchester the security queues weren't that long compared with when you fly Euromanx.

Last time I flew with them (last month and no skis involved), they lost my bag. I managed to retrieve it from Gatwick Airport on the way back. I am still trying to sort out the insurance for the £260 the weekend cost me in things I needed for my trip.

Basically, if you cannot take just hand luggage avoide Flybe.

Sarah, when you fly Euromanx from Manchester, they have a special queue for IOM and NI. You don't go in the normal queue.

I made the following observation on this board on Sep 9 2007, 10:22 PM Post #9. I broke my vow in October and Gatwick hit me again by losing my baggage for 2 days outward and 2 days on my return!

"I've vowed never to fly out of Gatwick again following last weekend's experience.

Chaotic mile-long queues and anarchy going to departures.

Nobody in charge/controlling the disgruntled masses.

A few headless chickens in tabards gave inspired instructions such as, "Move into 4 queues," whilst another zombie walked around with a small letter "Q" on a stick, which was meant to indicate where to find the elusive end of the queue.

That was little help to me so I can't imagine what it means to a foreigner with no knowledge of English.

Survival of the fittest.

Hell for the elderly or infirm.

All that was missing was a mob to throw stones at us while we queued.

Finally boarded, very late, to be told that they were going to refuel.

Then our Flybe bird waited in a queue while all the other aircraft in the world were allowed to take off first.

Gatwick South is in a state of meltdown and can't go on like this without rioting breaking out, or worse."

We were booked to come back to the Island on the 11-10am flight from Manchester in November. When we tried to check in at 9-30 we could not due to staff shortage problems by the time we made it to check in FlyBe told us the gate was closed, gave us a £7-00 food voucher and put us on a flight the following day and this was after a 10hr flight back from the USA, Never again.

Having been f***ed around by IOM based airlines and the SR for many years over bookings, this year I sent a suggestion to the Oxford English Dictionary (OED) for a new verb:

'fook' (v) i.e. to book something whilst being f***ed about.

e.g.

'I am fooked to get to Heysham.'

'You can't fook here, the systems down so we can't fook you right now, so you'll have to try getting fooked somewhere else.'

'Here's your fooking receipt.'

'No we don't have any fooking offers on at the moment'.

'I don't know why the fooking price went up so much'

...so far have not heard anything back from the OED.

I'm flying back to the Island in April, with friends, have told them about the great golf courses - we cant book the clubs yet, theres no guarantee they'll get on, and it'll be about £40 each- happy days!! Makes Ryan Air look like a saint

Oh dear, they're going to kill you. :P

I used FlyBe one my visit to IOM in December. No problems whatsoever but they're not as good as EuroManx. My ticket for FlyBE was over a hundred quid!! I couldn't believe this since I only paid 30 quid to fly from southern europe to liverpool. The euromanx fares were a little more reasonable but still cost me 60 quid. i'm just happy that i didn't have to use the joke of a ferry service.

The only way to get a reasonable fare out of FlyMayBe is to book months in advance. I did so for the forthcoming weekend's flight. FlyMayBe have rescheduled this flight twice now.

We tried to change the name of one of the passengers because someone is now unable to come. To do so costs more than booking a new flight. They are charlatans

I have some flights booked with flybe for the end of march and was thinking about changing them - looked online and it was £25 per person each way just to change, then any difference. As it was so far in advance, there was no difference but a cost of £100 to change - the flights only cost me £90 and would only cost £90 to rebook and not use the original tickets.

I would pay a nominal charge and would understand if I had to pay the difference, but that is a joke.

I forgot to add that if you do manage to get any sporting equipment on a flight with flymaybe, it isn't insured. You have to take out seperate insurance because if they lose or break anything they aren't liable.

You should always have your own insurance, but just because they don't take out insurance, it doesn't mean they're not liable for damage that they cause. Don't be fobbed off with that bullshit.

I forgot to add that if you do manage to get any sporting equipment on a flight with flymaybe, it isn't insured. You have to take out seperate insurance because if they lose or break anything they aren't liable.

You should always have your own insurance, but just because they don't take out insurance, it doesn't mean they're not liable for damage that they cause. Don't be fobbed off with that bullshit.

But you have to check their terms and conditions re limitation of their liability.

I had a snowboard bag (with all my gear in it) 'disappearr' on a flight out of gatwick a few years ago - it was covered on my Holiday insurance up to a total of £500.

Much more useful was the fact it was covered on my household policy - which meant I got the full £2,500 back.

There was a discussion with my insurance company as they excluded skis but hadn't updated the policy to exclude snowboards. Since then I check my policy every year to ensure I'm still covered.

However if you're a lazy cow like me and don't go away with snowboards or skis, I highly recommend Flybe. Flew with them over the Christmas period with no problems or delays, and as they are using the BA terminal at Manchester the security queues weren't that long compared with when you fly Euromanx.

Last time I flew with them (last month and no skis involved), they lost my bag. I managed to retrieve it from Gatwick Airport on the way back. I am still trying to sort out the insurance for the £260 the weekend cost me in things I needed for my trip.

Basically, if you cannot take just hand luggage avoide Flybe.

Sarah, when you fly Euromanx from Manchester, they have a special queue for IOM and NI. You don't go in the normal queue.

When we were flying home via Manchester in October the normal shortcut queue was not in use for IOM and NI (we tried to use it and were turned away) and we had to queue in the extremely long security queue! Anyone in the queue whose flight was leaving within 20 minutes was allowed to leave and go down the shortcut queue. - We queued for peace of mind and got through just in time.

On the Flybe point with the snowboard... how are they going to cope with the direct flights to Geneva from the Isle of Man in Feb and March, ideally for the ski season? - Seems like there is going to be a huge problem!!! I am gutted that I have to use them in July as we are going to London and Euromanx is over £1000 for 4 people, whereas Flybe are about 1/4 of that! - We don't have any connecting flights or anything but still would love Euromanx to cut the cost to London City!!!

Archived