Kaiser Chiefs At The Villa

alibaba

Don't know if you're still reading in on this thread Lenny !

But my question would be! If you've had in the region of 30,000 calls in one day would that not suggest that it would be worth looking at ways of upping the ticket allocation!

To see 30,000 people at a gig on the Island would be amazing ,and a great advert, plus how many people could it possibly attract from the uk and irish mainlands?

I think the fact there was 30,000 calls doesn't mean they were from 30,000 individual callers, many people were re-dialling for over an hour and a half only to get an engaged tone, hung up on or a recorded message

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate that modey!

But my understanding was ,that the tickets sold out within hours ,so how many more potential sales could have been out there?

Don't know if you're still reading in on this thread Lenny !

But my question would be! If you've had in the region of 30,000 calls in one day would that not suggest that it would be worth looking at ways of upping the ticket allocation!

To see 30,000 people at a gig on the Island would be amazing ,and a great advert, plus how many people could it possibly attract from the uk and irish mainlands?

I think he should have looked seriously at doing an extra night, with the number who didn't get tickets I am sure he would have sold that out. But who cares I got my 2.

Looking at the pictures on iomtoday it seems like they attract a very elderly crowd for a faux-indie band. Maybe there'll be a lot of returns when they realise they haven't got tickets to Cleveland medal night.

I think the fact there was 30,000 calls doesn't mean they were from 30,000 individual callers, many people were re-dialling for over an hour and a half only to get an engaged tone, hung up on or a recorded message

that's true enough ... i know plenty of people (me included) who re-dialled for nearly 2 hours, repeatedly getting hung up on or engaged tones. im not criticising, because the huge number of callers was obviously more than they were prepared for, but a recorded message explaining that callers would be unlikely to get through, or letting us know that they had sold out wouldve helped a bit

Why would a member of the Manx Operatic Society get an allocation of tickets to a Kaiser Chiefs gig? Or are you just trying to stir up a bit more shit for people who are already unhappy as it is?

I was talking to the guys who were working on the web site. They expected increased traffic (when they heard about the gig on the radio!), but apparently the number of hits on the Villa Gaiety site within one hour was thirty times the usual hits for the entire day! I doubt its commercially viable to dimension the infrastructure for such an extreme peak - for it to sit idle for the rest of the year.

When it started to creak, they took steps to assign additional capacity - which is why the site came back (albeit it a bit sluggishly) in about 30-40 minutes. Unfortunately this wasn't quick enough for some people, but it's unlikely they could have responded any more quickly.

As with all things where demand outstrips supply, there will be winners and losers - but lets hope Triskel are one of the winners so they can keep bringing us monster bands!

Micky

Archived