Kaiser Chiefs At The Villa

alibaba

Seems a reasonable price, for the a band of that stature. I'd pay that to see a band I liked at the Villa. I'm not really target market for the Kaiser Chiefs, so although they are ok, I guess, I wouldn't get VFM out of them. Unless the support is good.

edit to add: Miss Bees I'd pay £37.50 to see the Bays.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I might even go, just to support the promoter, its a great thing for the Island he does. I'd love The Bays to come here and play at PCC (great little venue) but I'd be too scared to arrange it incase noone else liked them, and those who did didn't go to see them but if someone else wanted to arrange it I would go :D

I'd definitely go to see The Bays. Saw them last year with the Heritage Orchestra - truly amazing stuff.

Pity you can't buy any of their doings, so to speak.

It'll sell out in about an hour, easily.

Sold out in just less than an hour!

I got 2 online about 20 minutes ago.

you did well then as the website crashed and no tickets were on sale online <_<

I see the isle of man was once again lacking when it comes to selling tickets for events like this.

Advertised as on sale from 10am, online, on the phone and at the welcome centre.

the website crashed, no-one was answering the phones and there was just a couple of peope at the welcome centre selling tickets to a q of people that went around the block

modey - believe me it isn't just an IOM thing when it comes to f*ing up the selling of tickets.

As for the Kaiser Chiefs - they're well worth a see even if you're not 100% keen on their music. it all sounds much better live and wotshisname the singer plays well to the crowd.

modey - believe me it isn't just an IOM thing when it comes to f*ing up the selling of tickets.

yeah i know from experience of buying tickets for glastonbury and other gigs in the uk that websites crash, but surely for this gig they could have known the demand was going to be huge and maybe have the website ready for it and have extra staff on the phones and counter. :(

Is there any reason why things like this are one night only affairs?

I'm pretty sure you could put them on for 2 or 3 nights on the trot and still sell out each night.

There seems to be a lot of anger out there over this.

Is there any reason why things like this are one night only affairs?

I'm pretty sure you could put them on for 2 or 3 nights on the trot and still sell out each night.

There seems to be a lot of anger out there over this.

I'm guessing other commitments. Some bands do play multiple nights, Robert Plant did from memory?

Loving the stupid comments on IOMtoday, eg:

"Didn't anyone at the Department of Tourism and Leisure anticipate the obvious, that that the web site would crash and phone lines would be busy? Talk about Cave Men!"

It sold out in an hour (bar a few lucky folks here who got cancellations by the looks of things). The system was fine, they had enough staff, there was just too many people wanting too few tickets.

If you want to bleat at anyone, blame the daft buggers who set the Villas fire regs for these events, the numbers allowed in there are far too low.

Archived