Kaiser Chiefs At The Villa

alibaba

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they must have had a seperate internet allocation, Slim. When I got my tickets there were still about 150 on there, I just guess no-one could buy em as their website was buggered.

Could be. Either way, there was more buyers than tickets, so what do folks expect? Manx Telecom melting down on the same day also wasn't really the Villas fault.

It sold out in an hour (bar a few lucky folks here who got cancellations by the looks of things). The system was fine, they had enough staff, there was just too many people wanting too few tickets.

If you want to bleat at anyone, blame the daft buggers who set the Villas fire regs for these events, the numbers allowed in there are far too low.

"the system was fine"

Is that some sort of joke? :huh: no phones being answered, website crashed at 10am a couple of staff on at the sea terminal

"the system was fine"

Is that some sort of joke? :huh: no phones being answered, website crashed at 10am a couple of staff on at the sea terminal

No joke, I think they did pretty well. It's not every day a band plays here with that kind of demand, and they managed to sell out inside an hour. Other than magically producing more tickets out of thin air, what else do you want?

yes but reading some of the comments on isle of man online, it appears that a lot of the tickets were gone even before they went on sale today. <_<

why bother telling people that the website has crashed so please telephone for tickets when they weren't answering the phones?

surely they must have known the demand was gooning to be huge and should have said that tickets would only be available at the box office, or get extra staff in to cope

"the system was fine"

No joke, I think they did pretty well. It's not every day a band plays here with that kind of demand, and they managed to sell out inside an hour. Other than magically producing more tickets out of thin air, what else do you want?

see above. how was the system fine when two thirds of it didn't work??

at least the friends and family of the villa staff will have a good time that night <_<

yes but reading some of the comments on isle of man online, it appears that a lot of the tickets were gone even before they went on sale today. <_<

why bother telling people that the website has crashed so please telephone for tickets when they weren't answering the phones?

surely they must have known the demand was gooning to be huge and should have said that tickets would only be available at the box office, or get extra staff in to cope

Extra staff for 45 mins? Why? Tickets sold to mates is really no surprise. I'd do it if I worked there, wouldn't you?

Extra staff for 45 mins? Why? Tickets sold to mates is really no surprise. I'd do it if I worked there, wouldn't you?

they didn't sell out in 45 mins by the way, people on here have confirmed they got them at half eleven.

So it's ok for the staff at the villa to cream all the tickets beofre they go on sale? thats why they went so quickly, not because of customers going in and getting them.

and there are a few ppeople saying some guy from the villa had 50 on manx net last night, that's not a couple of tickets for mates is it?

I see triskel is reading this thread, be nice to hear his views

I got 2 online about 20 minutes ago.

you did well then as the website crashed and no tickets were on sale online <_<

I see the isle of man was once again lacking when it comes to selling tickets for events like this.

Advertised as on sale from 10am, online, on the phone and at the welcome centre.

the website crashed, no-one was answering the phones and there was just a couple of peope at the welcome centre selling tickets to a q of people that went around the block

It took me about 20 mins of trying, had to just keep reloading the page til it finally came up but there were definitely tickets still available online at half 11.

The tickets went on sale at 10am and were sold out by 11! The internet server gave up fairly quickly, but a few lucky people might have got through after it went back online again, or before it crashed.

Nearly all the tickets were sold over the counter. Hundreds of people had been queuing, from around 7am in some cases, and of course priority went to these people. The phones hardly got answered all morning because the counter was so busy.

There was a limit of 6 tickets per person, which included staff! This stuff about staff buying up all the tickets is nonsense.

There were actually 6 people selling tickets at the welcome centre and 2 more at the villa, not "a couple" as some people have said.

There were only about 1400 (i think) tickets on sale, but clearly thousands of people wanting them. Just a case of demand being far greater than supply.

At the end of the day, you've got thousands of people trying to buy 1,500 tickets. Some will get lucky, some won't and will be pissed off. I don't really think the villas to blame here.

Even if it's staff are taking tickets for their mates in front of other punters? Is that really what you're saying?

I honestly can't see how you have arrived at this view. I didn't make more than a token effort to get tickets in the end, but if you advertise three sales channels and two of them don't work, you think that's the system working fine? How can it be?

Archived