Kaiser Chiefs At The Villa

alibaba

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was told, on fairly good authority, that tickets were made available and sold to Government employees on Thursday. Would any Government employee like to confirm/deny this?

Not as I know of, it would have saved me queuing.

Last Thursday 16th April I secured the band and waited until Monday to sign the hiring of the Villa as Management had crew over from UK rekkying the Villa Stage in Gardens for TT

Monday April 20th 1pm I signed the hire form and on that form we agreed to sell tickets at 10 am Friday 24 Arpil from the Villa, Box Office, Welcome Centre and online.

I was made aware of the Pre-sale set up that morning whereby if you are on their extensive mailing list you would have the facility to pre-purchase tickets. Howver this is NOT a DTL concert but a Triskel concert and I dont see the point in pre-sale if you are to announce a big gig like this. Imagine the uproar if even before 10 am the show had sold out which would have probably been the first day of pre-sale!

I declined the opportunity of a pre-sale

So contractually the tickets were available for release ONLY at 10am on 24 April

Not before

Last Thursday 16th April I secured the band and waited until Monday to sign the hiring of the Villa as Management had crew over from UK rekkying the Villa Stage in Gardens for TT

Monday April 20th 1pm I signed the hire form and on that form we agreed to sell tickets at 10 am Friday 24 Arpil from the Villa, Box Office, Welcome Centre and online.

I was made aware of the Pre-sale set up that morning whereby if you are on their extensive mailing list you would have the facility to pre-purchase tickets. Howver this is NOT a DTL concert but a Triskel concert and I dont see the point in pre-sale if you are to announce a big gig like this. Imagine the uproar if even before 10 am the show had sold out which would have probably been the first day of pre-sale!

So contractually the tickets were available for release ONLY at 10am on 24 April

Not before

Triskel,

Many thanks for the quick response, and congratulations on securing another big name. Wasn't Brian Wilson one of yours? That was one of the best shows I've ever attended.

..........now, about the Bruce Springsteen and The Sessions Band gig...........can you put a couple of tickets to one side for me?

Triskel,

Seconded well done, I hope this will make you want to bring more bands over, small request next time book them for 3 nights I am sure you would have sold out the chiefs for that given the numbers wanting tickets

Honestly cant believe the furore this gig seems to have caused. Saw them a year or so after Employment was released and granted, they were very big then, very current and very fookin popular.......but in the years since their only notable contribution has been the incredibly annoying RUBY RUBY RUBY RUBY NAAAAAAAA !!!

So I am happy for the promoter who looks to have produced the goods again with another popular gig, but for everyone else getting so fuckin stressed out about not getting tickets, get a grip, its not exactly this the gig of a lifetime !!

Got mine! Just have to figure out who will go with me!!

post-2898-1240594454_thumb.jpg

Sorry Cheesy, only got two tickets, not one for you as well as your wife!

The second ticket will go to my daughter, in whose estimation I seem to have risen exponentially for securing said tickets!!

Honestly cant believe the furore this gig seems to have caused. Saw them a year or so after Employment was released and granted, they were very big then, very current and very fookin popular.......but in the years since their only notable contribution has been the incredibly annoying RUBY RUBY RUBY RUBY NAAAAAAAA !!!

So I am happy for the promoter who looks to have produced the goods again with another popular gig, but for everyone else getting so fuckin stressed out about not getting tickets, get a grip, its not exactly this the gig of a lifetime !!

i kinda agree, there an average band, that are pretty good live, but there no where near in my top ten or even 20 best live bands ive seen, there are many manyt smaller, even local, live bands that are amazing, instead of moaning about not getting tickets, how about go out and see some other bands that are just as good if not better

Not before

I sincerely hope that you and the general public have not been cheated over this. I have since heard from two more sources that there is a strong suggestion of foul play .

Will any employee of the DTL deny the release of large numbers of pre-sale tickets on Thursday and early on Friday?

Shock! Someone who works there gets preferential treatment.

Anyone who works in a shop, do you get staff discount?

Anyone who works (or worked) in a bank, did you get a discounted mortgage?

Yes but they all form part of a written contract. It appears that Triskel had a contract with the ticket agent to sell the tickets at a specific date and time. Any breach of this contract would I presume be a serious issue for those involved.

Archived