Manx Mosque Facebook Group

Amadeus

I urge anyone who has sense to join the support group for this new mosque.

The current mosque has existed for over 20 years. They have never caused any issue, they simply are asking for a better site for them to meet as there current site is to small. Most of the people in the agaist group seem to be simple one-minded racists, who seem to have very little understanding of the Islamic faith. I will add there are some people in that group are making a true argument for there silly cause, though it may be silly they are making argument without racist slurs.

Look at the facts. William Abdullah Quilliam a manx boy set up Islam in britain. The current mosque has existed for two decades without issue. A new mosque would not suddenly attract thousands of Muslims to the island. Many of the Islamic faith are our health care professionals; including doctors. These are simple and easy facts.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Truth is there are over 200 muslims, 100 jewsetc etc

I am happy that everyone should have the facility to worship their god in the building of their choice and those who do not believe have the right not to believe exactly as they want

I agree no charitable status and no public money to subsidise and no religious schools

One reason for suggesting that there shoul;d be compendium places of worship is to try and bring faiths together.

Think of the good they could do if they had to get on.

The current mosque has existed for over 20 years.

Bloody hell - tear it down and build a new one then.

Jesus H bloody Corbett! The old shagged out church in Kirk Micheal has been there errrr since errrr 177thing or other and still works.

I have to say that I am not a fan of religion and the Muslim religion is my least favourite, as it does not seem to recognise the rights of others to their own beliefs, laws or in some cases the right to exist at all!

That said, I don't begrudge anyone the right to have a place of worship or believe what they like, provided the above rights of others to do the same are observed. Sadly, the Muslim leadership has yet to sort itself out and recognise that they live in a country founded on Christian and caucasian principles, where the population predominantly align themselves to that fact! If they could only make those first steps of acceptance, perhaps the likes of this facelessbook group would have nothing to bang on about?

Look at the facts. William Abdullah Quilliam a manx boy set up Islam in britain.

With a name like Quilliam you would expect a Manx background - however his background is someewhat murky - he was probably born de Leon (a name he used later in life and died as Henri Marcel Leon) born in Trebich who after arriving in Liverpool adopted the name Quilliam he saw on a tombstone (see New Manx worhies p382/5).

The Woking Mosque predates AQ's efforts .

The current mosque has existed for over 20 years.

Bloody hell - tear it down and build a new one then.

Jesus H bloody Corbett! The old shagged out church in Kirk Micheal has been there errrr since errrr 177thing or other and still works.

However the church in Kirk Micheal is a purpose built site... As are all churches on the Island.

That is all they are asking for, nothing nasty nothing offensive. What is the actual issue?

Katie Glover wrote

at 9:10am on April 17th, 2009

No mosque, paki's are hangin!!! They all want fked in a bottle of bleach..... Dirty stinkin twats!! This is the isle of man not the isle of paki!!! Do 1 pray somewhere else..... Like of douglas head.

Such delightful and well balanced prose. Her parents must be so proud.

What is the actual issue?

No issue on my behalf chap :)

It just sounded funny saying that the original mosque has been there for OVER 20 years. And the Church in Kirk Micheal is a bit out dated too. The population of Kirk Micheal had just hit the 600 mark when I first lived there. 30 and a bit years on what is it now?

This is a brill thread by the way.

:)

Ironic really when you consider the first mosque in England was opened by a Manxman.

Came across this quote from him -

"An American explodes a bomb in the crowded streets of Constantinople and slays innocent women and children and, because he calls himself a Christian he is extolled in England as a hero and as a patriot!" Quilliam wrote. "An Afghan fights for his fatherland in the Khyber Pass, and because he is a Muslim he is denounced as a traitor and a rebel."

Source

edit to add note to self : read entire thread before replying

Archived